Clubplanet Nightlife Community

MP3 to WAV Question Again

I recently downloaded a bunch of individual MP3 tracks that I wanted to burn to CD. So I converted them using WinAmp. It worked fine but what was 73 mins of mp3 music that could fit on one CD turned into like 750 megs of wav files that is more than a single cd could handle. So when i burnt the CD, i had to eliminate a track.

Does Audiograbber decompress MP3s more efficiently? Also how do you use it-do you need to get any of their plugins. I was looking through the help file and it's pretty confusing.

Finally-how the hell do you eliminate the gaps between tracks when burning CDs. Do you have to burn it using Disc at Once? Any recommendations on good programs for this?

Thanks for any help in advance. I really appreciate it.

Eric

------------------

I'll check into it. As far as the gaps go, you can get rid of them, but as far as I know, there will always be a little skip sound on the cd. Its just the way the conversion takes place. I'll get back to you buy tomorrow though, b/c I don't have the program at work and can't check it.

------------------

Keep it movin'!

Corporate

djcorporate@hotmail.com

if you are using adaptec e-z cd creator disk at once will elliminate the space. if you are using nero you have to right click on the track and go to properties.in nero you can just drag mp3's into an audio cd and it will convert them. seems to be a little more efficient than the diskwriter plugin for winamp. also if you open a wav file in sound recorder you can delete the last minute off of the end.

-glynis

------------------

Originally posted by cholo_40:

I'll check into it. As far as the gaps go, you can get rid of them, but as far as I know, there will always be a little skip sound on the cd. Its just the way the conversion takes place. I'll get back to you buy tomorrow though, b/c I don't have the program at work and can't check it.

you can eliminate the smallest gaps, but it's a pain in the ass. use something like cooledit (or any wave editor) and combine all the tracks into one wav file. then go through each track change and manually delete the gaps. it sucks, but it makes for a perfect CD.

You can use Soundforge, Acidpro or wavelab to eliminate gaps. But then that sometimes takes a bit of the mix away(if thats what your burning mixes)If its just single tracks your burning you can kill dead space with those programs as well. As far as decompression winamp works fine but audiocatalyst works the best higher quality & better all around.

------------------