Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Creating the next club ICON?????

Have you ever considered why certain people become idolized in the club scene? Everytime we go out, we cast our attention on the people inside the club who are the most outrageous or the most noticable. It is normally the drag queens which act as our club icons but occasionally there are one or 2 club "diva's" which stand out. The add color and life to parties which without them may seem dull.

Still, it seems that the days of club icons are coming to an end. WE do not appreciate them as much as we used to in the days of limelight, tunnel, & arena. There are less and less of them. Sound Factory have Vivacious & Afrika while Exit hears noise's of Anthony Lamont's scream (AHHH AHHH). There is kevin aviance, josephene, jened, corvette, & many other notible queens to be mentioned but still these icons have been around in the scene for years now. There is no notible icon which has immerged in the past years with the younger generation. My questions is basically, why has that happened? Do people not feel a need for them anymore? Don't get me wrong, i love the ones we have now..but i feel there should be room for others who want to make their mark onto the scene...without them...scene might become dull. just my 2 cents =)

oracle

------------------

Too true Randy.

These club icons, always let it go to there heads. Gatecrasher "kids" are getting loads of stick at the moment. The favored "icons" stand at the front of the crowed, if they don't like how they are dressed/dancing they turn their backs on the crowed in unison.

Ok if somebody is looking unusual or doing something to enhance the night great. But too many people go on some kind of power tripe and then a hierarchy starts to appear and that's just not what it's about.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One more post towards my DVD!!

------------------

I want to go out blazing not fade away.

I don't think that's true...that there are no younger ones in the scene...maybe if you looked around those queens you'd notice that the people they hung out with were just as creative and talented.

How are these new girls gonna get the chance if no one takes a minute to learn a name???

------------------