Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Whats you take on the scene

Glad you asked Blue,

I am think I am a little bit of b, mainly c with a touch of d... which makes me schizophrenic:-)

You see the rave thing in the UK was not about what it is over here. It was more of a f?ck the system, people were into the music but there was more of an anarchistic vibe to it. I think that make me a little different to most people that have replied because there was never the same template when I got into it (hippies, travelers and people like me used to attend)... there is now and was as soon as everybody moved to C because the police shut down the illegal rave scene in the UK.

But club culture is cool now, everybody wants to be a part and even over here I can see the rave generation becoming uncool (in some people's eyes). anarchy cannot be uncool by definition.

don't I talk crap sometimes!

------------------

I want to go out blazing not fade away.

Well I guess I fall under the negative

A-list response you gave. Even though I do throw she-she parties where models and model wannabees regin, I must defend myself.

I promote the spirtiuality of the event. My partners and I design our parties to be like no other party you will ever attend again.

We bring in live dance acts, music acts, and the occasional fire eaters.

I know what you are saying when you talk about the A-list scene. Just know that there is a group of us out there who have begun to really stir things up.

For those of you who have been to our parties since the WMC, you know what I mean.

We are the future in NYC trendy club scene. Stop by and check it out, you will see what I mean.

-Matthew

Flava,

the point was there are no negatives. The only negatives are in the perception of the people who group themselves.

These groups do exist, I think more so in American society (starting in the school system, jock etc), it's a natural thing to surround ourselves with people we have things in common with. The problems start when we no longer understand the views of the other groups anymore.

I can fully understand the views of all groups (if indeed you think you are part of one of the groups), but don't see much tolerance. We are all different but when you shut yourself of into you own group/world you become a much less rounded person.

I think the arguments about glowstick, SF/Twilo, clubs/raves illustrate this perfectly. We all like different things but are willing to say our own views are right.

------------------

I want to go out blazing not fade away.

top.gif

Ok we forgot a category - E) THE POSER

the type of person that we as djs hate to have in the club, regardless of how good looking or well dressed they are......they are only in the club to find the opposite sex and do drugs.......i mean drugs are def a part of the scene, but they should enhance the musik, not vice versa, right?

Never understood the whole A list thing...I think if you dont feel the music then you don't belong...and thats a huge turn off when i go to a club. I'm not there to see hot gal just standing around, if i wanted to see that i would go to a strip joint and see the whole package for the same price wink.gif

just me 2 cents...