Clubplanet Nightlife Community

SASHA AND DIG VS TILT @ TWILO

Guest blckraven

Guest blckraven

First of all let me start by saying that I feel sorry for whoever did not get a chance to see Tilt live this Friday at Twilo. There was barely 1000 heads inthe house. The club felt empty with plenty of room to dance. I love the new set up...new DJ booth. new placement of Speakers ( awesome Job on the sound Randy ! )

Being a hardcore Trance lover myself I knew who Tilt was and what joy they have brought us over the years with amazing tracks like angry skies and I dream , 36 ...the list is Endless. To my surprise they got down to biz as soon that they walked in..banging trax one after another. then came on Steve Lawler OMG !!! I have not danced this hard since Pvd.. Along with 5 of my friends we went nuts! not one complaint..

I think Twilo should consider having Tilt every month. We need a new Night. I dont know about you guys going to some overpriced, commercialized and overcrowded sasha night is just not worth it !

Tilt reminded so much what I loved about Sasha and dig last year. Amazing mixes,,,amazing tracks. A blend of progressive house, a blend of hard trance, a touch of dreamy trance and a dash of techno. what do you have = One amazing night !!

this is how sasha used to be. the past 3 times I went there I cant tell the diff between sasha or dig anymore. It's like they dont give a shit what they are playing. all this dark and boring shit they drop make me sick.

I stayed till the end of the night when whoever was left standing on the dance floor was cheering loud and yelling " once a month !! every month!!

I know the manager heard us loud and clear..with luck we all will have a better night to look foward to.

See you all when the Messiah PVD comes to bring us back to heaven next month !

till then PLUR !

Don't get me wrong I have a lot of respect and Love for sasha, I jus think that he has lost it a bit.

Sasha hasn't lost anything. He's just playing a different style, get used to it.

I always liked Digweed better anyway because I love that deep, dark, banging house sound. If Sasha sounds more like Digweed now then in my mind it's an improvement.

So like I say, he hasn't lost anything, just different music appeals to different people. Don't say he lost it just because he doesn't play as much to your personal taste.

JohnB

couldnt agree with you more. this friday brought out some old emotions for me, and i'll have to admit i havent heard a set like that prolly ever. i've been trying to figure out why i dont dance much anymore when i go out, and its cause a lot of the djs are going minimal, or too dark or whatever, but not condusive to dancing. these guys tore shit up, and not afterhours, but from the minute i walked in! what a fuckin night. i definately hope there's something in the making for a monthly for all or any of those guys. i don't even think pvd's gonna be able to compare to this nite.

Originally posted by blckraven:

First of all let me start by saying that I feel sorry for whoever did not get a chance to see Tilt live this Friday at Twilo. There was barely 1000 heads inthe house. The club felt empty with plenty of room to dance. I love the new set up...new DJ booth. new placement of Speakers ( awesome Job on the sound Randy ! )

Being a hardcore Trance lover myself I knew who Tilt was and what joy they have brought us over the years with amazing tracks like angry skies and I dream , 36 ...the list is Endless. To my surprise they got down to biz as soon that they walked in..banging trax one after another. then came on Steve Lawler OMG !!! I have not danced this hard since Pvd.. Along with 5 of my friends we went nuts! not one complaint..

I think Twilo should consider having Tilt every month. We need a new Night. I dont know about you guys going to some overpriced, commercialized and overcrowded sasha night is just not worth it !

Tilt reminded so much what I loved about Sasha and dig last year. Amazing mixes,,,amazing tracks. A blend of progressive house, a blend of hard trance, a touch of dreamy trance and a dash of techno. what do you have = One amazing night !!

this is how sasha used to be. the past 3 times I went there I cant tell the diff between sasha or dig anymore. It's like they dont give a shit what they are playing. all this dark and boring shit they drop make me sick.

I stayed till the end of the night when whoever was left standing on the dance floor was cheering loud and yelling " once a month !! every month!!

I know the manager heard us loud and clear..with luck we all will have a better night to look foward to.

See you all when the Messiah PVD comes to bring us back to heaven next month !

till then PLUR !

Don't get me wrong I have a lot of respect and Love for sasha, I jus think that he has lost it a bit.

Friday was definitely a night to remember, but I don't think it was as good as S&D. The music was good, but I only really got into it at the end when Quivver came on. A lot of the songs before that were songs that S&D play, but without the energy of S&D sets, so I wasn't as into it as I would have been at S&D.

But, Quivver was amazing! I haven't danced that hard - especially sober - in God knows how long...probably the last PVD. Great stuff.

BUT - one complaint...why did they redo the DJ booth? I don't have a problem with that so much as I have a problem with the fact that, every time I go to Twilo, they have always made some renovations to the actual club -- new DJ booth, new decorations, new "cloud" system, new lights, new snow cone stand -- but they NEVER fix the fucking toilets in the girls bathroom!!! The same 2 damn toilets have been broken for months, plus one is still missing a seat and another has a busted lock... what gives? They can renovate the entire club every week, but girls still have to wait for half an hour to use the only 2 disgusting working bathrooms?

Anyway, that pisses me off, but I would gladly put up with that for Quivver, S&D and PVD. Hope everyone had a great time last Friday, see you this Friday at S&D, awwww yeahhhh!

smile.gif Alexandra

------------------

"Sometimes I wonder if my dreams are wild... Sometimes I know they'll all come true" - Ascension, "Someone"

alexandra@zoggle.com

[This message has been edited by Alexandra (edited 06-26-2000).]

I don't get it. You guys keep crying that S & D are playing all this dark stuff yet Steve Lawler's set on friday night was just that. Nice, dark, chunky grooves.

My only complaint is that Mitch Parks banged it out way too early. You don't drop 'the dance' at 1 am at Twilo. Sorry man. That's a no no. Also, I have another complaint of Parks, he played both mixes of west on 27th. We know he produced that track, but damn!!

I like the rotation of different djs every friday. Keep up the good work.

Don't forget about August 4th guys. Anthony Pappa, Dave Seaman, and Chris Fortier. That's going to be another top night.

They tore Twilo a new ass that night. No long, drown out tension builders that often go nowhere, but a full-on mix of every side of trance. Parks & Wilson and Lawler would make excellent residents. Not to crowded and it seemed that everyone was stuck on their groove all night.

New booth placement was prime. Brings the DJ into the crowd. And the nitrous clouds system cooled the club off like twenty degrees a shot. At least they are using the increased admissions and putting them back into the club.

you guys get sooo heated!! geez...

its just music...if you dont like it- dont listen....

i dig it- i listen!!! i am loving the new cd (just picked it up)...yes, eventhough it has the bigger names!!

what do you all think about it?

ill be seeing the fellas this friday- cant wait

later