Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Someone assasinate David Marvisi! Bring back Gatien!

Guest crystalmethodny

No, I am quite sure it is full watt, rather than milli. A standard business laser pointer is 5 mW. Look at the package I have a friend who works at Laser Diode and he bring by lotsa toys to fuck around with.

Nitrogen, yes, the cloudy stuff is liquid nitrogen. Nitrogen is stable on its own as a gasas the atoms can form triple bonds with themselves. Each molecule is comprised of 2 atoms (N2). The air we breath is roughly 70 percent nitrogen (N2). Nitrogen's boiling point is a very low value of Kelvin and is used to super cool semiconductors in critical applications among other uses. The only dangers with it are over exposure and direct contact. Scientists have been asphixiated (sp?) due to leaks in the system and physical contact with the liquid causes instant frostbite, which is when the water molecules of your skin freeze, thus bursting the cellular walls. In other words, it destroys tissue with direct contact.

Anymore school lessons today?

Guest clubkid77

Originally posted by Randy:

No, I am quite sure it is full watt, rather than milli. A standard business laser pointer is 5 mW. Look at the package I have a friend who works at Laser Diode and he bring by lotsa toys to fuck around with.

Nitrogen, yes, the cloudy stuff is liquid nitrogen. Nitrogen is stable on its own as a gasas the atoms can form triple bonds with themselves. Each molecule is comprised of 2 atoms (N2). The air we breath is roughly 70 percent nitrogen (N2). Nitrogen's boiling point is a very low value of Kelvin and is used to super cool semiconductors in critical applications among other uses. The only dangers with it are over exposure and direct contact. Scientists have been asphixiated (sp?) due to leaks in the system and physical contact with the liquid causes instant frostbite, which is when the water molecules of your skin freeze, thus bursting the cellular walls. In other words, it destroys tissue with direct contact.

Anymore school lessons today?

Duh yeah i forgot about n2....

though i would *think* given some heat (say a cig or a lighter) it would be posible that nitrogen would form other posible bonds like the ones i mentioned... sounds kinda dangerouse.... I would think the same effect of thick fog might be dry ice dumped into boiling watter. In fact i know ive seen this type machine offered for sale...

Guest clubkid77

Originally posted by Randy:

well, drop dry ice in regular water, light a match. As long as the match doesn't burn your fingers you won't get hurt. Carbon dioxide (dry ice) isn't combustible

yeah i know... by same effect i meant thick cold fog... not that it would fireball or anything...

Guest clubkid77

I *think* you mean 10 or 15 mW

thats miliwats..... 10 wats would be way more than neccisary since a 3Watt Diode pumped solid state green laser can be seen for 5 miles. (quoted from moboscan) systems of 1 watt or more are usualy used for outdoor displays.

Anyways mobolaser's 20mW system costs around 8,000$ not to much for a club to purchase really.

i have never seen a lazer show at exit. and what is this hydrogen thing your talkin about? they arent blowing up H gas now for kix at clubs are they? that would be uhh kinda dangerous, like anyone heard of the hindenberg? no it isnt a club in getmany.

[This message has been edited by clubkid77 (edited 06-29-2000).]

My oh My.. we all seem to know our ELEMENTS, hrmm?

*raises eyebrows*

Lasers. Hrmm. *shrug*

From what I hear, the lights at Exit are just average.. but.. i haven't seen the club.. altho the space has got great potential.

Back to the original tack, if Dave whoever is going to spend money to make his clubs look nice (especially a nice lighting system which makes ME happy) then kudos to him.

Gatien.. well.. *sigh* its a shame he hasn't put money into his clubs, but.. all those problems... he's a target.

Originally posted by clubkid77:

Actually... the lighting at exit is the sttandard "RoboScan/Mightyscan/Martin MX whatevers" they are scanner type lights the only diference between makes and modeles are the number of gobo's, number of colors, and degree of rotation....

NOT True.. Martin products are shabby and alot cheaper (sorry any Martin people) but they kinda suck. High End Systems, makers of the Intellabeam (""tunnel's main dancefloor is full of them""), the Cyberlight (now in new super-powerful flavor !) and the Studio System (Spot, Wash, Color, etc.).. are about 100% better than Martin.

There are differences between Moving-head fixtures (the entire unit or a large part of the unit moves - such as Studio Colors) and Moving-mirror units (where just a small mirror moves - like the Intellabeams)... and then there are differences between each type in color mixing, gobos, etc etc....

Martin Roboscan are OLD technology.. just like those original Intellabeams at tUnneL..alot of smaller clubs use martin becuase they are cheaper and easier and less powerful.. which can be fine...

At the pier Pride Dance 2000 last week, they used some Martin Mac 500's, which are martin's entry into moving-head units... they were ok but i couldn't see how good they were, in an outdoor venue like that.

Lasers are an entirely different matter and i won't open my mouth on that field since i don't know much about it.

Altho.. i think its milli-watts, whoever was talking mW vs. Watts.. "milli" being million-watts. *shrug*

[This message has been edited by sethboy (edited 06-30-2000).]

No, "milli" refers to 1/1000 of a unit. "Mega" means million. I study engineering so I know what I'm talking about here.

summer school sucks and materials spits it back at your face. Thank fucking god the final is next fri and I'm done w/ this bs.