Clubplanet Nightlife Community

to twilo or not to twilo?

hrm...i'm rather torn at the moment...i have to admit to only been at s&d once..at their anniversary a couple monthes back..it was sooo packed, and i really didn't feel the music, so my friends and i eventually left by like 7 am...but..i know they're amazing dj's as well...so..the question at hand is...do i give them one more chance? sigh...i don't suppose sasha still spins anything progressive does he? peace...

Definitely go again, When I first went to see Sasha + Digweed I was left a little disapointed too, I expected to hear at least some tracks from their compilations and recorded sets, and at first the music sounded a little too hard compared to what I thought their style was, I was like "I thought these guys played trance". You're right, Twilo does get mega crowded and sometimes all the hype that surrounds it can leave you expecting more from the place, but go there again, this time really late, like 5 or something and things start to really go off!!! Even the best DJ's can have one disapointing night, give em another chance.

Agreed. Just head in there. Sometimes you're just feeling the music, no matter how good it is. I was there last time and the crowd was ridiculous until about five. Once things cleared out there was a nice friendly vibe and good beats for the rest of the night.

Hey you could go to Vinyl... Danny has this kid called Antranig playing for him while he is gone and he is hot... He has played for him at least 3 or 4 times already.... Check him out the stlye is almost identical....

Seriously though, GO. You can go later and just deal with the crowds, but the music that rolled its way into the billboard top 150 charts this week probably won't be played. They are always redining themselves and each month is a different trip. So go already

I know how u feel man. I used try to go every month when s&d spun. After a while i just couldnt deal with the crowds. It would just get too disgusting. I also noticed after a while that there a lot of good dj's besides S&D. Dont get me wrong, they're still great DJ's but i think the longer u listen to progressive house/trance your tastes will evolve. DJ's like S&D,PVD, and Oakenfold are great to get you into trance/house sound. I know it did for me but now their sound just doesn't cut it for me. Well that's my opinion and that's all it is.

That´s one of the things I love about S and D, that they don´t just get up and cane their hits, or everything they´ve ever put on a compilation CD. I can never ID many tracks when they spin even though I follow them closely. That´s the way I like it. If a DJ would play all new tracks I´d never heard before I would be happiest. If you want trance anthems, go see Oakey.

JohnB