Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What about Goa ???

I heard about Goa Trance a few months ago and would like to know more about the music, the people and the inspiration. All I know is that it is kinda psycadelic right ? Someone enlighten me please....I was born 3 hours from Goa and I never heard about the culture till I got to the US...

Yeah it's all moved on now. There used to be a massive scene in Goa (full moon dance parties etc). But it's all slowed down they still have the full moon parties (which are fantastic) and there are some other free beach parties going on but because of the corrupt policing it's died. As far as music it's the original psychedelic one tempo Trance that usually gets played, and LSD is the drug of choice. The music was all synced to the day, the sun setting is almost worshiped and the the party kicks off until the sun comes up. You dont know what dark is until you have been to somewhere like Goa.

I went about 5 years ago, there was a few locals @ the parties but it was mainly European kids who were traveling. People just sleeping on the beach and traveling between the different parties.

I believe there is some stuff going on in Egypt now. A friend was telling me of some bizarre parties he hit over there.

------------------

I want to go out blazing not fade away.

It's not just about the notes played, it's about the spaces in-between.

top.gif

[This message has been edited by back2basics (edited 07-03-2000).]