Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Opinion Poll for DJs

Guest clubkid77

the Rane, for one it has gains on each channel, something the 1620 doesn't have, and second if you want at some point, you can throw the add-on for 500$ and get a xfader and eq's on each channel.

Guest clubkid77

the rane, for one it has gains on each channel something the 1620 doesnt have. (sometimes you want them especialy if you have a not so well pressed white label) Also if you want at some point you can add the optional xfader and eq's one each channel with the 5 or 600$ add on.

Guest clubkid77

Originally posted by Randy:

The urei has better sound quality. What good are extra bells and whistles at that point?

I realy dont *think* the urei has "better" sound quality. To prove that it does you would have to comare signal to noise ratio's for each mixer. Other than that "sound quality" is a mixture of to many factors including the audio source, the amps, and speakers the music is being played back on. not to mention lastly your ear and what "sounds good to you" Have you compared the rane mp 2016 and urie 1620 with exacly the same record, exactly the same amp and same speakers in the same room, so basicaly in a club you switched mixers? and were the eq's set the same etc etc etc.

I did not, but my boss did. The rane had too much capacitance and basically swallowed the vocals. He is now designing his own mixer. The rane was over engineered. It happens. Their sound processors are still good.

Strict numbers don't mean sqaut. As you said there is personal preference. CDs have much higher s/n ratios than vinyl. Doesn't vinyl sound better?