Clubplanet Nightlife Community

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tunnel was my first club experience, like so many other people i know, and i only have good memories of going there when it was at its peak... but now im disappoited at what its turned into. last time i was there (nov. '99) the crowd was skanky and the music wasnt good at all, so i never went back. the club itself is awesome, and if it ever picks up again, ill return in a heartbeat, but for now id rather spend my nights at places like factory or exit, where the crowd is more of a club crowd than an underage bunch of raver kids

------------------

i have to reiterate the past posts and just bump this thread to the top..

tunnel used to be the shit, and just thinking about the tunnel still gives me chills and brings a smile to my face.

tunnel has always had the shadiness, the cracked out kids, ravers, b&ts, old people, freaks, thugs, you name it. that's what made the tunnel, well, the tunnel, so no point in stressing that, right?

it really is too bad that it has turned to shit. that chicago house room is just not comparable to anything.

hey, how about all of us here just have a huge fuckin blown out party at tunnel to revive it? smile.gif word.

well just rambling and my 2 cents.

*reminiscing, kitty*

------------------

hehe i couldn't resist.

let's all wish that the tunnel will relive itself this summer.. any raves goin on there this summer? just curious.

i am just not going to let this thread die b/c tunnel UsEd to be the sh*t.

wink.gif

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

Originally posted by bonzai:

TUNNEL is working on some changes so hopefully pretty soon .

they are going to get some real headliner dj's for sat. night residents every week..

ive been hearing that for a looooong time now.. since danny left...

still waitin....

.g.

------------------

Originally posted by bonzai:

TUNNEL is working on some changes so hopefully pretty soon .

they are going to get some real headliner dj's for sat. night residents every week..

ive been hearing that for a looooong time now.. since danny left...

still waitin....

.g.

------------------

It is still one of the best spaces in NYC, it's just so run down, it's a shame...Tunnel used to be THE club...I have so many memories, from recent years when Junior and Danny used to rock it...I haven't been since Danny left and even then it was starting it's decline...I hope someone buy's it, I think it's for sale for 11 million and renovates it...would be good...

Old School Represent,

eek.gif Mac

------------------

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to no one." Louis Armstrong

FeelTheseBeats@aol.com

Um.....What is up with the tunnel being closed on fridays????......When are they gonna reopen...........

I usually go on sat but the one time we decided to go on a friday it was closeddddd and no one knew anything....

we ended up at the exit instead...

never been there before.....

likes.... a lot of promoters so no problem getting into the club discounted....

the jungle room or whatever its called third floor was awesome.... the real club kidz were there.....

snow falling

people selling roses... nice touch....

lots of guys

dislikes....way too crowded on the main floor, i dont think ive ever seen this many people ever at a club on a regular nite....

way too many people who dont know how to dance...but then i guess its a place where everyone goes now to learn??? or give it their first try???

oh another weird thing no one checks id's at the bar...weird lol guess who is gonna lose their lick licence soon cause its supposed to be 21 to get in even on fridays and they let in 18 year olds and guess what they dont check id ... goood bad??? you choose....

------------------

Na, they definetly check id's at the bar. I was w/ two really good looking and older looking girls this friday and when i stopped to talk w/ someone they went to the bar and when i caught up w/ them the bartender was giving them their id's back. Now if they're checking good looking females' id's then u know they're checking everyone's. I agree about the third floor w/ the club kids, its pretty cool. As for the crowd, its that time of the year, PROM TIME, so that means all the kids from all over going to the club for the first and prolly only time in their lives... so that might answer the question about the crowd.

-Rob

------------------

FYI...

Muzik Matters Prods. is having a rave at the biggrin.gif Tunnel smile.gif July 14, the same night that Twilo is having Carl Cox.. I am thinking about bouncing from Twilo to Tunnel..

The DJ lineup sounds good, I will have it posted up IF people are interested in attending? It's $20 advance, for more than 20 DJs... at the 'legendary' Tunnel.. lol cool.gif

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

yeah rob i agree

its prom time so the crowd is diff and mixed,

the room updtairs with the klub kids has got to be the coolest one.

i donno they didnt check my id maybe they only check guys and i dont look old at all i look 19 my age

ttyl

smile.gif

also i donno i like the tunnel a lot exit is different new :0 but i will always love the tunnel i hope it doesnt change into trandy club club cause then where will there be a cool place to chill at which is as weird as the tunnel

?

asha

(Just rambling..)

I haven't been in the tunnel in about 4 years but back in '95 Junior had his party there. Did anyone here go?? I went to the opening party and it was one of the best parties I been too..Actually, the first time i went there was in '94 when DJ Merrit spun with Hex Hector.. Thouse were the days. The club was kinda innocent Remember the bedroom?? Baby Joe and my friends used to party there every week. I think it turned into the police room last time i was there.. (becasue of all the drug busts) I also still remember they had a mushroom room. It was a little room that looked like it came out of an Alice in Wonderland video..I even have video tape of some of my nights there.. Maybe I'll put it up on the net sometime...that was awesome.. In '95 I remember they completed the kenny scharf room. Back in the day, they had mac's in there and you could browse the net. Do they still have computers in there??

I thought it was one of the coolest places in the world.... I'm sorry it's in a state of disarray now... it's one of the best spaces in the world..

[This message has been edited by republix (edited 06-26-2000).]