Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Saturday on Long Island

Hi, I've been looking around on the internet, and can't figure anything out. Does anyone have any suggestions on dance clubs on Long island. What about the Vanderbilt? I heard it's good on friday nights, but what about Saturdays? Any info that you can give me I would appreciate. Thanks

I'm not that sure exactly what i'm looking for. I havn't been clubbing on the Island at all, that's part of my problem. I'm looking for somewhere I can go out and dance and party. i guess a mixture of music, house music stuff like that. Sorry i can't be more specific, thanks smile.gif

THE VANDERBILT WAS GOOD BACK IN THE DAY WHEN RAZOR USED TO SPIN THERE. NOW AS FAR AS I KNOW IT HOLDS FORMAL EVENTS AND VARIOUS BANDS, CATERING ETC...CHECK OUT CYBERIA ON 110 IN FARMINGDALE. JUSTIN TIME HAS BEEN RESIDENT AND THEY ALWAYS GET OTHER GOOD DJ'S IN THERE LIKE OJEDA, GUIDO, ETC...IT'S BEEN SLOW LATELY B/C OF THE HAMPTONS AND SUMMER BUT IS A GREAT SPOT. FRI. NIGHTS ARE THE NIGHTS YOU WANNA GO. SAT. IS MORE OF AN OLDER PICK UP SPOT WITH MAINSTREAM HOUSE MUSIC. BRIDGVIEW YAGHT CLUB IN ISLAND PARK IS A GREAT OUTDOOR PARTY DURING THE SUMMER AS WELL ON SAT. NIGHTS AND SUN. NIGHTS. CHECK OUT THIS WEBSITE www.iclubusa.com

hope this helps. THERE ARE OTHERS I HAVEN'T MENTIONED ON THE WEBSITE.

I was at Cyberia this past Friday and it was dead. They closed off one of the bars w/a curtain and half the stalls in the ladies' room were closed. (That kinda gives you an idea of the Friday night summer crowd they've been getting.) One of the bartenders said that the 56th Fighter Group was killing them.

I'd recommend the 56th Fighter Group (Farmingdale) or CoCo's (Huntingtion) for a Friday night...if it's not raining, since they're mainly outdoor clubs. And definitely the Bridgeview Yacht Club for Saturday nights.

Unfortunately, the Vanderbilt only does catering & concerts now. They were holding an 18+ night on Friday nights in the winter. I don't know if they're still doing that in the summer.

CPI Saturday is your best bet. It is unrivaled by any other Long Island Club that I know of. The music is spun by Limelight's Jason Ojeda. The only downside is that the venue ends around 5/5:30 in the morning. Give it a whirl, you will like it. For afterhours, you could always take the long hike out to the city.