Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hey Frankie Pep, Re: Tunnel & DTour

Guest Shawn Mass

Guest Shawn Mass

Right on brotha! The Tunnel used to be THE PLACE! DTour was unreal, so much fun, so diverse, and the musicccccc...Sicccccckkkkk. Back then, I was going to school at UMass Amherst and EVERY WEEKEND I took a 5 hour bus trip to NYC and went to DTOUR or at least some other party in Manhattan, but mostly DTOUR, and partied all night long.

Those were the days, and it just ain't the same anymore! Jase, Holland, G-Money, Nana, Azo, Romulus, Abstrakt, Ania, Thorin, and SOOOO many more I never knew then.

Was so much fun back then, now it's a pain in the @$$ to deal with the hassle's and BS and drama and unprofessionalism of club staff and management. It drives me nuts!

But everything goes in cycles...there will be another great party like that again. Actually, THERE IS! We all know where...

-Shawn

"Have you had your Vinyl yet today?"

P.S. This is what I am referring to what Frankie Pep said, below...

=======================================

"Clubs should be sectioned:

welcome to frankies boom boom room

Sector 1 - charged music loving energized people (sober or not) ...hard intense beats (trance&house)

Sector 2 - The K-lounge ... a section for the zombies & headcases ... goa trance & ambient

Sector 3 - A spot for the drunks ... can't party without the drunks .... funky disco techy house

Sector 4 - section for the lovey dovey touchy feely E-heads ... melodic uplifting trance

Sector 5 - The Smoking Lounge ... basically a chill spot where u can go and blaze one .... deep (house&trance)

Sector 6 - Something for the Homies, thugs & chicken heads ... a room deep in the basement ... Hip Hop, breakbeat, Jungle,"

=========================================

------------------

-Shawn

"Opinions are like cell phones, every asshole has one!"

shawnmass@clubbersworld.com

www.clubbersworld.com

Sorry to say, but there is no promotor out there that can EVER bring back any similar vibes that D-TOUR had.. Danny will never go back, and that's that.. No dj out there can hold down saturdays at Tunnel like Danny did.. I really dont think Tunnel will ever come back to how it use to be.. Nothing good lasts forever.. I think Gatien should close Tunnel & Limelight down for good, and let everyone have their great memories, and leave it at that..

Open a new club Gatien, start something new once again..

Just my opinion.. biggrin.gif

------------------

Hit My Damn Music...

I'm with Tranza, by keeping the clubs open everyone only compares them to how they used to be, which is pretty much how I look at the scene...They will never be as good again as they were, Danny will never set foot in Tunnel again, just like I'm sure Jr wouldn't either...Those days are over, if Peter closed them down, took his money and opened something new, Im sure it would be amazing...It's like Palladium, its gone forever, what memories...This seen needs an influx of something new, something astonishing, something legendary to turn this scene around...LL is just a cash cow now, nothing more, its so dissapointing to see it that way, it'd be better closed...

You've Got Me Fired Up!

-M

------------------

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to no one." Louis Armstrong

FeelTheseBeats@aol.com