Clubplanet Nightlife Community

South Africa

Howzit all,

I've returned recently from living in Zimbabwe and South Africa and have been getting to know the city again part of which I owe to the info picked up on this board as well as the site in general. I think it a shame that there is no info on South Africa. Some of you may roll your eyes at this but the folks take their music seriously. Oakenfold sells out 15,000 person venues and not that is a good or bad thing but they have reportedly the highest per person e consumption in the world. Anyone been and care to share their view or have any questions. I can steer people in the right direction for travel plans.

Sorry,

I've thought out a less flippant reply to you second question. While it is true that tourists do provide one way to hook up in a relatively safe manner that is only part of the equation. HIV is predominant in the rural areas and high density suburbs where lack of education regarding the disease and a fierce social stigma feed the growing epidemic. However, the well-off, urban, educated folks ( the ones going out to parties ) enjoy a disease rate similar to other more developed nations. Also, there as elsewhere, wear a freakin condom. In truth though, Capetown is the most beautiful urban setting in the world and the nightlife is pumping. It would be a shame to pass it up for a piece of ass.

I have seen and heard all about how great the scene in South Africa is..I for one, would love to read up on your experiences there ! smile.gif

-J

------------------

Music is the answer...to your problems...:)...smoknjilly@aol.com