Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Techno/Tech-House in NYC?

shit..can you guys be anymore off...???

centro-fly..has more of the soulful house feel to it...but they do get some harder stuff in there.

techno/tech-house in a club sense is unheard of in nyc clubs..cept for the little moments tenaglia (at vinyl) and digweed (at twilo) throw at us.

fear exit.

fear anything in NJ.

pickup "flyer" magazine. there laid out all over the village. the small techno jams are always listed there.

enjoy nyc

z

Con-fu-sion this Friday will have some nice Tech House! Hiro spins straight up dark and deep techy shit, Hector Romero spins a little more funkier and Satoshi is definitly on some dark techy vibes! I throw the party so if your interested e-mail me @ craigh@con-fu-sion.com. We do the party once a month, and on the contrary to what people are saying, there are a lot of parties with tech house here, they are just underground, in the smaller venues. Apart from Twilo and Centro-Fly, you will have to go to a smaller venue to find it. I would be interested to get your opinion on our night, e-mail me by 6:00 so I can put you on the list, also make sure to mention that you are the one from Toronto etc.......All the best!

Con-fu-sion this Friday will have some nice Tech House! Hiro spins straight up dark and deep techy shit, Hector Romero spins a little more funkier and Satoshi is definitly on some dark techy vibes! I throw the party so if your interested e-mail me @ craigh@con-fu-sion.com. We do the party once a month, and on the contrary to what people are saying, there are a lot of parties with tech house here, they are just underground, in the smaller venues. Apart from Twilo and Centro-Fly, you will have to go to a smaller venue to find it. I would be interested to get your opinion on our night, e-mail me by 6:00 so I can put you on the list, also make sure to mention that you are the one from Toronto etc.......All the best!

Contrary to what these people say...you CAN find some nice tech-house and minimal sounds in NYC...but usually on the weekdays..

Alexi Delano and the master Dave Angel were just at Centro-fly on wednesday...

Msimla...There are a few smaller lounges around that play that sound..I will try and find out for you...

Best bet...Centro-fly friday or saturday..saturday is Kevin Yost..who will play some more soulful house..but I saw him last year at Centro and he started playing some really hard stuff to my great surprise.. smile.gif

Too bad you will not be here during the week..you would have loved the monday night party at Sapphire...

-J

------------------

Music is the answer...to your problems...:)...smoknjilly@aol.com

Kevin Yost rocks.. I heard him here in toronto a while ago and was very impressed with his style.

Actually, I am in NYC from saturday 'till wednesday.. I'm going for a conference (flashforward2000)...

There are some big industry parties on monday and tuesday (adobe & macromedia) but I'm not 100% on going to those as they're at the roxy... but they might have free drinks, so I might go for a few hours smile.gif

I'll be checking out record stores hopefully on saturday & sunday, to see who's in town...

[This message has been edited by msimla (edited 07-21-2000).]

craighl....

Con-fu-sion sounds great, I have ridiculously broad taste in dance music but the music that I go ballistic to sounds like Con-fu-sion.....I'll be moving to New York in Octoberish, can you email me or post the venues and nites with similar types of music??? As a guide the best nites out I've had over here feature bangin' tunes like Trade (London) deejays, fuckin hard music!!! smile.gif

------------------

..................coming soon to a dancefloor near you------------------> boa_boy@yahoo.com