Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Any other geriatrics out there...

...and by geriatrics I mean you're over 23 and got into the scene before 1995...

Hi I am bored of not going out cause I don't know where to go, and seeking other old crusties like myself...I'm 26. Moved here a few months ago. I had been burned out but now I miss going out...I am pretty much from the DC scene. Twilo is fun sometimes but too expensive and I know I must have other options. I like tech/house, deep house, sometimes progressive trance (I've always liked Digweed though I am a little burned-out on that style....) Anyway got anything to say??? I'd really appreciate it...

Thanks,

The old gal

no, I heard they got on the wrong plane at Heathrow and ended up in China, where they've been brainwashed by Falun Gong into only playing those 'oh you know you've all got one somewhere' picture discs of bad 80s music. Do I hear A Flock of Seagulls???

Hey! I'm 26 and don't consider myself old and wrinkly...yet. Been clubbing for about two years but kind of fell out of the scene for the last few months (new job, live too far from city, etc...) but definitely want to go more (and will in a month - once moved).

Don't have many friends who dig the music as much as me or can hang til the sun comes up. Those people are the ones w/canes...not us. Maybe we'll bump walkers at the next geriatric 'HOUSE' meeting. biggrin.gif

I'm 27 and started here in NYC when I was 17. I moved away (to Detroit) in '96 and just got back a couple of months ago. I really don't feel too old, yet. The hard part is now that I live up north and it is an hour drive home, after 6 hours of PVD.

JDogg

I'm also 26...and while sometimes I do feel older when I'm surrounded by 18 year olds..if the music is good..you could put me with 5 year olds and I wouldn't care...

Personally, I went away to school where they had no clubs..so I missed out on the years when I was about 18-22..

Although I must say..I do have much less of a tolerance now for hour long lines and being way smooshed than I used to...but if you play your cards right..you can avoid that kind of thing smile.gif

-J

------------------

Music is the answer...to your problems...:)...smoknjilly@aol.com

sorry...no bad connotations! Among my friends "geriatrics" is an affectionate term we use for each other, connotating people who are not new in the scene, that's all! I certainly don't think of myself as old & wrinkly! Actually I am not even all that geriatric....becuz I never lived the scene 24-7 for years....it has always been more like a once-a-week to once-a-month thing for me. Consequently I don't feel burned out yet while a lot of my friends do. No one ever wants to roll anymore....I like to do it maybe a few times a year, it's more fun that way. I never did it every day for a time....once a week for a whole summer managed to get me bored with it. But i digress.