Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What type of DJ/Studio gear does everyone have??

it's cool (i've played with it). they're coming out the the virus indigo - it's the new OS (v4) with a mini-keyboard. i kind of prefer the novation supernova but i haven't had a chance to play with either for that long. the oberheim ob12 looks pretty good too.

------------------

==================================================

he he he he ha ha - but this is no laughing matter

B2B,

I'm right behind you on the Vestax. My only hope is that they find a way to do good pressing with it. As it stands (by my understanding anyway), it can only cut on acetate. All well and good for the first playing, but it'll lose quality every time the needle hits it.

------------------

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We are the music makers,

and we are the dreamers of dreams.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

there is a new virus w/ built in keyboard that can also function as a MIDI controller - pretty cool...

as for the vestax vinyl cutter... its not very good yet.... I have had numerous demos on it (cause I write for EQ mag ad Extreme Groove) and the "records" it presses lose sound quality even faster than acetates....

I dont understand the whole concept....either burn to a cd, or if you really must have a record, go get an acetate made... no reason to spend 5-7 grand on this thing....(and the blank records cost ten bucks each too....

------------------

"Losers try. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen."

How much was your version of Protools? Or did you just get a copy? I understand there are different levels of Pro Tools, professional, homeuser etc. I don't think I'd be able to afford protools. If there are copies going around then at least I know I have a chance at "evalutaing" the software before I buy it wink.gif

Thanks for any info you can give me.

Originally posted by back2basics:

Yeh the protools software does the same things on the PC as it does on the Mac as far as i know.

Just had the PC and got a copy of protools etc.. if it aint broke dont fix it.

It's only a midi controler anyway, dont use it for sampling really the sampler does it all better.. but it's minimal techno for me anyway.

Oh got a few effects units too but i hardly ever use them.

------------------

It's the 21st Century, there's other ways to get fucked up.