Clubplanet Nightlife Community

MARDI GRASS?

kyours

Mardi Gras in Sydney is a month long G & L festival featuring a parade watched by up to 750,000 ppl, culminating in a 25,000 person dance party

------------------

..................coming soon to a dancefloor near you------------------> boa_boy@yahoo.com

Mardi gras is definitely something to experience at least once in your life. Proably the younger, the better. i lived down there two years ago and my first time in NO was for mardi gras. it was pretty crazy, but not quite as glamorous as they portray it on tv. So many fucked up people, lots of pathetic guys trying to hook up with anything that moves (and doesn't move). I don't know...i had fun, but i wouldn't head back anytime soon. I honestly got bored after three nights. THere are only so many hurricanes you can drink. Thank God Danny was spinning down there for Valentine's Day my last night. What a treat. it was right around when his GU came out. Unfortunately the crowd down there is more into the drum 'n bass scene, so the place was practically empty. what a shame. THey really don't know what they're missing down there. there's a annual rave the week before fat tuesday that has gotten pretty big. Zoolu i belive it's called. Jazz fest has even gotten pretty crazy down there too. if i were to go back down it would be for an off weekend when you can really enjoy the town, without the obnoxious crowds.

Well, Mardi Gras is one of the few things that have "lived up" to the stories. Everywhere you go, you see stories of this and that and when you see it for yourself, it isnt so chill.

However, My first experience at Mardi Gras....turn the corner onto Bourbon Street, FIRST thing I see is two naked women sitting on the shoulders of two men with their pants down to their ankles. Needless to say, the place was awesome and well worth it.

------------------

Myrlin

pear.gif

Basically Mardi Gras is something everyone should try once, or twice...it gets repetitive after that. But after going to Tulane for...damn this is my 4th year now...I'll tell you this: get a room with a balcony, bring your own alcohol and beads (it gets sooo expensive) and make sure they're nice beads. Have a bathroom, with toilet paper, available to you--trust me! Hit all the big parades, including Zulu, which is the African-American parade. They throw out coconuts smile.gif. If it's your first time come the weekend before fat tuesday--if you're returning, come the weekend before that, where the parades are good but it's not as crowded. Also, try to score tickets to a ball, those are the most fun. Lemme know if you have any more ?'s, or need the names of bars to hit or anything like that.

------------------

=)

mardi gras id f'in insane the preople are there to party you wont find that great music but you will have a good time while your there check out bourbon street blues club look for hollywood herbie he is a new orleans trademark for me i have been ther for mardi gras and jazzfest plus to other times and there is no party like mardi gras

long live hollywood herbie

------------------

music is an escape from reality-----------