Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DJ Icey's new one kicks ass...Anyone agree?

kimmr

I just moved from Orlando and am having a hard time finding a club that plays breakbeat music. I just bought Icey's new one and am loving it to the fullest! I would love to be dancing to it with a crowd!! Am I out of luck New York??

Hybrid is awesome so is PVD, DT, Sasha,Johnny, my list goes on. Sorry you not gonna be here for PVD friday at twilo. My point was that I do love all kinds just need to break it up sometimes. I'm not on the Fla bandwagon. Sounds like you need to move back or get to Miami as much as possible.

I'm kind of happy where I'm at. Fortunately West Palm has some of the best local dj's in Florida , such as Storm, Johnny Dangerously. James Wolfe, Jitterbug , Joshua. PVD will be in South Beach at Space on Saturday so I'm psyched up about that. I got to see Carl Cox, Lenny Dee, Spacemen, Dieselboy, Bad Boy Bill and a whole bunch of others this past week at Cyberfest.

Originally posted by Nolimit:

If you like prog./nu skool breaks, I recommend giving Adam Freeland a listen. He is superb. Icey who???

Freeland's latest cd is Techtonics

Thanks for the recomendation, I will check them out. DJ Icey is out of Orlando. His new one is called "Essential Mix". It's a great compilation of funky-ass breaks that are really original. (In my opinion) It's a big difference from trance and took me a couple of listenings but after 3 albums I'm hooked. Hope you will think the same.

---------------------------

It's not about the scene....It's all about the music

when i was in college in fla. icey was huge. i got to like him a lot. some of his stuff is real good, but then some just sucks. his new album is not bad. baby ann and icey are just huge there like certain dj's are here. my friends in fla. have no clue who jonathan peters or junior are. other than miami, i think fla is not that big into house music. keoki and ritm or pretty big there. icey spinning live is pretty nuts though, love when he scratches. good producer too.