Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Labor Day in South Beath...

What dicks! Me a a few of my friends decided last min. to pack our shit and head to South Beach. None of us had really partied there b/c we never really had the interest. We had partied in Daytona, Ft. Lauderdale, etc. in the past, and I pretty much assumed that it would be relatively the same. Everyone I had asked told me it would be nuts and crazy, but to tell you the truth, they were nothing but a bunch of NYC wanna be's. The door people at Space had to be the worest. Stuck up assholes. And Level was $40.00 to get in on Saturday night. SF on it's best night was never that much. Seemed to me like no one was really down like peeps in NYC. Plus it was not as crazy as I was expecting. Was this possibly b/c I went a little out of season? I'm sure spring break is a little nuts, but I've been to Cancun, so how much crazier could it be? Anyone else have a similar/different experience? As it stands now, I was not impressed.

------------------

You know everything will flow...

Ive never been there but a couple of my friends want to plan on going for New Years. Im interested to hear a couple of reviews. You think Labor Day weekend would be crazy anywhere. I myself just got back from Vegas two days ago and thaat was off the hook. Best lookin girls I ever seen. Hands down!

I'm from Miami so take it easy on my hood now!

Actually, I'm not surprised that South Beach was too much on a big holiday weekend. It's always been. When I lived there, all locals hated the holidays and special events - SoBe is small, cannot handle that many people. Too crowded in the winter, too hot in the summer. Spring is clearly the best time to go.

I'm there this weekend... next weekend... the weeekdn after that... and planning some more!

i agree with the vegas statement i have been there 7 times and those clubs are friggin packed with drop dead gorgeous girls(look out for the hookers)

did you hear how long c2k will be closed for i am going the week before thanksgiving and want to party there again

------------------

music is an escape from reality-----------

I heard Vegas was sick. I was invited to go, but choose South Beach instead. Don't get me wrong, i had a lot of fun, but not what I expected. Plus it was really Ghetto there...

C2K should be re-opening soon, or at least thats what I heard. I'll be going to Vegas soon too.

Space was really good Saturday night. Danny Teneglia RIPPED it up. I had a blast. JP ripped up Goddess and Space Friday night. Level was jumpimg Saturday too. Atalntis was also pretty decent. Maybe I'll check it out for Spring Break, right before I go to Vegas and/or Cancun.

------------------

You know everything will flow...

Originally posted by xxxxdrewxxxx:

What dicks! Me a a few of my friends decided last min. to pack our shit and head to South Beach. None of us had really partied there b/c we never really had the interest. We had partied in Daytona, Ft. Lauderdale, etc. in the past, and I pretty much assumed that it would be relatively the same. Everyone I had asked told me it would be nuts and crazy, but to tell you the truth, they were nothing but a bunch of NYC wanna be's. The door people at Space had to be the worest. Stuck up assholes. And Level was $40.00 to get in on Saturday night. SF on it's best night was never that much. Seemed to me like no one was really down like peeps in NYC. Plus it was not as crazy as I was expecting. Was this possibly b/c I went a little out of season? I'm sure spring break is a little nuts, but I've been to Cancun, so how much crazier could it be? Anyone else have a similar/different experience? As it stands now, I was not impressed.

South beach is only good when it's not a holiday......Holidays suck over their......It's like you a took a plane back to NY..........Vegas is awesome anytime of the year!!!!

Drew, I think it's a matter of Luck... I spent all summer and I usually go down every now and then and I can tell you U can really have a good one in SoBe. Defenetely Summer is not the best season, defenetely the worst, and on Big holidays, it gets all mixed up with newcomers and escaping locals... but Bottom Line is, The place Is really fulfilling During the Winter.. The vibe is not as crazy as Cancun on Spring Break (I dont think nothing compares to that), but Floridians and vacationers can get pretty Wild... It is defenetely not NYC, but they're on their way up. The clubbing scene has been evolving in the last couple of years to the point where the big ass DJ's are havin gigs in So Fla right after hittin NYC... I think you shouldn't stereotype the SoBe clubbin Experience with this bad one, and give it another chance this winter if you can...

--------------------

Peace, Love and Twilo for Everyone!!!

Im not sure when C2k is reopening but I heard it is bigger then Exit. I liked RA at the Luxor though where JP spun. Really nice club. I heard Utopia is the best club in Vegas but it was closed because of a electrical fire. Was anyone ever there. There were a lot of hookers but they were gourgeos as well. We even went to some place called the beach for afterhours which you can tell on a regular night is totally wack but a NYC promoter had a real Dj in there. Even the beer tub girls in there were unbelievable looking.

Originally posted by muthaload:

Im not sure when C2k is reopening but I heard it is bigger then Exit. I liked RA at the Luxor though where JP spun. Really nice club. I heard Utopia is the best club in Vegas but it was closed because of a electrical fire. Was anyone ever there. There were a lot of hookers but they were gourgeos as well. We even went to some place called the beach for afterhours which you can tell on a regular night is totally wack but a NYC promoter had a real Dj in there. Even the beer tub girls in there were unbelievable looking.

C2k is no where near the size of exit! It' big but not Exit.......The biggest club in vegas is Rio, but the music is horrendous. On the other hand the women are crawling out of the walls.....That's not so bad......Utopia and Ra are the best for music. That place the beach is good when their is absolutely nothing open (sun) but be careful with the she/males. Rum Jungle in the Mandalay bay has a mixture of house,techno,rap,spanish, and a good looking crowd.......Their is an afterhour I went to but I forgot the name......I'll ask my friends.

[This message has been edited by antvill (edited 09-07-2000).]

Originally posted by xxxxdrewxxxx:

South beach is fun and is a beautiful place.

Its decent on any weekend, I used to go on memorial day weekends...

BUT this labor day weekend was not crazy because everyone decided that the hot spot was Vegas...

It all depends what people/promoters and DJ hype up...

** And the covers and the door suck everywhere on a holiday weekend, period.

NY, hamptons, SB, vegas...

[This message has been edited by trinity23 (edited 09-07-2000).]

Originally posted by muthaload:

utopia is more like factory then anyother place because you get a lot of zombies

c2k makes exit look small 4 huge floors

i have never been to the beach at night

------------------

music is an escape from reality-----------

never mind nyc-wannabees, everyone we met in south beach was FROM new york. should have tried Blue.. no cover, kicking house. covers everywhere else were a total nightmare though, you're right.

------------------

You'll have to excuse me now.... I feel it coming on