Clubplanet Nightlife Community

If not EXIT ....where??

Paul van dyk biggrin.gif

one of the best dj's in the world, and my personal favorite. he spins trance, progressive house, techno and breakbeats, pretty diverse.

oh yea and blueangel's fav too biggrin.gif

-Rob

------------------

"And thus they give the time, that Nature meant

For peaceful sleep and meditative snores,

To ceaseless din and mindless merriment

And waste of shoes and floors."

you know...i love paul too..but i hate the way he plays hear....id much rather hear him overseas....he plays so much better over there....sasha too plays better over there (even though he's not my preference to hear)...digweed(since im on the topic)...plays surprisingly well over here...but yea..I'll take listenin to Paul overseas then here anyday!

Originally posted by Pershoot:

you know...i love paul too..but i hate the way he plays hear....id much rather hear him overseas....he plays so much better over there....sasha too plays better over there (even though he's not my preference to hear)...digweed(since im on the topic)...plays surprisingly well over here...but yea..I'll take listenin to Paul overseas then here anyday!

just out of curiousity... maybe you could tell me why it is you say he spins better over there??? considering both he and sasha love playing here, and both get amped and say its one of their favorite places to play, i was just wondering why they would play worse? well according to you anyway. i mean paul did say he has a lot more freedom here then he does at gatecrasher, for example, so maybe you like him more constrained and forced to play more well known stuff? cuz everyone talks about him playing all the anthems, well maybe, but those weren't breakbeat anthems i was listening to last july so i don't know. not to mention they go later and longer here then anyplace across the pond.

so???

-Rob

------------------

"And thus they give the time, that Nature meant

For peaceful sleep and meditative snores,

To ceaseless din and mindless merriment

And waste of shoes and floors."

try exit for yourself, perhaps YOULL like it. if not you could always go to sound factory as its only a few blocks down. assuming u wanna go out tomorrow, then i would say go downtown to twilo for PVD....definitley gonna be worth the trip.

if u dont want to deal with the serious clubbers, then stay around 21st street...u got ohm, cheetah and centro-fly all on the same block, and theyre all more commercial.

I really enjoy Exit. It's got great sound, lighting, and variety (i.e., lots of different rooms throughout the place). Plus, rooftop! No lines in the bathrooms, either.

Only downside was that I got $150 worth of pills confiscated--but managed to hook my friends up before that.

Sound Factory can get very packed--all those shirtless muscleheads take up a lot of room, I guess. The sound was booming, but it left my ears ringing for a long time. Clubs like Twilo and Exit have a "cleaner" sound system--it doesn't leave you with ringing ears (unless you stick your head in the subwoofer).

Peace,

David Christopher