Clubplanet Nightlife Community

me and the tunnel- johnny vicious

Guest muzik

gabriell is right. i've been talking about vicious being resident on this board since back in the end of june beginning of july. a lot of people doubted it, and thats ok b/c it is tunnel and we know how shady the place is, but i kept faith just out of faith that it would happen b/c he's is one of my favorite dj's.

long live tunnel biggrin.gif

-Rob

------------------

"And thus they give the time, that Nature meant

For peaceful sleep and meditative snores,

To ceaseless din and mindless merriment

And waste of shoes and floors."

Hey Johnny,

You know me as David--the guy in the video the first night--I also got to meet you at Beyond Bass. Anyway, I've been there all three past Saturdays and you're doing a great job. Welcome to the Tunnel-it's my favorite club and Im so glad you're there.

Oh--and don't shy away from playing hard to that crowd in there. They can take just about anything you throw at them.(Maybe some Chicago house too smile.gif j/k)

Great JOB. Love and own most of your tracks--

specially That's the Way Love Is--Awesome job on that one.

johnny- whats up man. i just wanted to say i really enjoyed your set opening night, well what i heard of it b/c me and my gf both got food poisoning from the crap we ate earlier that day so we left pretty early.

regarding everything w/ the tunnel, i was thrilled when i found out that you were spinning, first of all, and then to find out that we had picked up the night and would be promoting the party. i was doing everything i could to blow it up and to tell you the truth it really wasn't difficult cuz everyone i talked to wanted to be there for you first night of a new york residency which you haven't had for a long time. i like your track selection and think its great that you mix it up. i love hearing the imports b/c to many of the clubs in the city are the same, its like they're all clones. so i like what you are trying to do and i think those who are expecting to hear exstasy every night will catch on as well.

anyway, i didn't make it last week or the week before b/c my gf was going away and i was out of town the other weekend, but i've heard that the place is clearing out early. i was just wondering what your plans are for the place? i know the flyers are saying afterhours at the tunnel and they obviously are, but do you plan on trying to bring back the afterhours like it used to be there? like into the morning hours? b/c i would love to be able to hear you on an extended set like pvd, or jonathon peters(well not 17 hours of course)

keep up the good work, and don't stop playing the imports and less known records, theres already way to many clubs playing the same thing biggrin.gif

-Rob

------------------

Johnny!

I was wondering I am a singer trying to make it. If I were to hand you my demo where you were spinning would you listen to it maybe play it? I do vocals for progressive house tracks and I love the way you spin! Maybe you could hook it up with the right people? Also, do you get along with JP? I think you and Johnathan peters are BANNANAS!!! Let me know.....

Lose yourself in the MUZIK....

Originally posted by frankie_pep:

YO T, where the hell is his store? someone told it was in the tunnel & someone else told me it was in brooklyn, could you clear that up for me? thankx

beyond bass- 3rd st. btw 1st and 2nd ave.

-Rob

------------------

if this is jv i have to say im the one that started that first topic. but no offense should be taken but this is new york, the greatest but the toughest city in the world. Patrick ewing is a perfect example, tell me in what other city does your star player get cheered and praised one night and then booed in his home arena the next. NOWHERE. you were already big time before the tunnel but now you placed yourself in the big time for real.. you have the opportunity to tear the roof off, and i will give it another shot around halloween time

------------------

i only speak the truth

peace

If this is Johnny - Way To Go - The post does seem like Johnny V. I worked one night with JV 5 or 6 years ago and he was cool as hell then. He hooked me up with tracks from his label that I still have. I've seen him at Exit for the last KTU show and went into the booth to re-introduce myself to him. He was cool as hell and I told him about the night we worked together and the motherfucker remembered. He mentioned an incedent that happened that night. He told the manager of the place to go fuck herself. smile.gif If this is JV I will come again to check you out.

------------------

It's all in the music