Clubplanet Nightlife Community

me and the tunnel- johnny vicious

Guest muzik

Guest muzik

well i guess the reviews have been quite

mixed...

as for me i have been having a great time, this past saturday was a success and we had more people that we expected...

actualy we were the buisiest in the city

facts:

i start late, i dunno if you guys stay there past 2:30 am but thats when i start( just so you know....), and steven zor is on before me.

i will have guest dj's comming in soon , from europe and the u.s. some you know and some you dont.

for the previous postings:

as far as mixing i have had a few train wrecks in the past and if you taped my shows on ktu or 97 that proves it !!!!

and i am happy to say not one since i have been at tunnel . when i do make sure you buy me a drink. and we will have a toast to my first trainwreck,( p.s. i drink bacardi and coke)

i haven't packed hurricane in my record case in a year and a half...you must have either been in another club or you werent listening to my set... sorry.

i do play my own music,a lot of new tracks

and a couple old but i don't want to play them all night thats not why im there.and i'm not there to play britany spears and whitney all night

there are tons of tracks that have never made it to ny's dance floors and thats either due to ignorance or just not having the balls to play them. i'm here to open your mind,just like my friends. danny teneglia,junior vasquez,johnathan peters,frankieknucles,david morales,and little louie vega have done for me in the past.

i like to play a lot of trance and hard house.in the later hours i like to play house, im all across the board,

if you have a special request. then say hello to me. ask meyou know where i am im not gonna bite your head off, if you see that im mixing ask someone in the booth to ask me then, i dont mind, i'm here for you not to make a tape for my car.

i like the room and the past 3 satudays have been great, and i expect it to get even better.

thanks.....

johnny vicous

if you want to e-mail me

e-mail muzik448@ao.com

YOYOYO Johnny!! Nice to see you posting.. Dont even sweat what these people say.. Just keep on keepin on brother.. Will you be in the store saturday afternoon?? I think I'm gonna come spend some hard earned money.. wink.gif

------------------

You Want Some, Come Get Some..

Johnny, i'm a huge fan. Nice mixin on your last ktu show. Their are some real losers on this board. I looked at this board for the first time yesterday and after reading one post regarding yourself at the tunnel i swore i would never look at it again. But the fact is I have nothing better to do and they pay me here at work to read these boards. Anyway if you paid any attention at all, which i'm sure you didn't, to these idiots regarding your music at tunnel you need to realize that alot of that crowd just isn't quality peoples. Most of those kids are like 15 and have to be home by curfew or they'll get grounded. I originally heard you were coming on a 4AM and was suped for your afterhours. What club in the city starts before 2 anyway??? To end this post I will state the obvious, your the f*ckin man. And I hope u decide to spin somewhere on friday nights in the city once and a while.

Peace...

[This message has been edited by gabrielll (edited 09-07-2000).]

Originally posted by tranza:

Will you be in the store saturday afternoon?? I think I'm gonna come spend some hard earned money.. wink.gif

YO T, where the hell is his store? someone told it was in the tunnel & someone else told me it was in brooklyn, could you clear that up for me? thankx

------------------

dancer-10.gif Put some pep in your step DANCER-11.GIF

I am pretty sure you play this track,(can't remember),Thunder in paradise, it is absolutely sick,if u don't have that on your playlist PLEASE open up with it on SATURDAY...Yer doin a great job of keep TunneL packed with energy in the wee hours of Sunday morning...KeeP Tearin' it up....MikeMc.

------------------

STRENGTH GUEST LIST

Tunnel Friday,Saturday...

For Reduced Admission or Comps call (201)-883-4242 or (201)-488-5305

Johnny you are the man. Watch in like a month everyone is gonna be talkin about you and the tunnel. I know that you play some of the best records in the city. It would be pretty cool if you put up a list of the songs you played inside Beyond Bass. I could recognize a majority of your songs but some really good ones i have no clue what they are. Plus it would be off da hook if you played RussenMafia- Go this weekend. Thanx Alot keep up the great job.

Originally posted by frankie_pep:

thx, rob ...

what kind of shit do they carry there?

what labels?

They have a lot of white labels and a lot of promos.. Not too many domestics, mostly imports.. Lots of hard trance.. It's my favorite record store..

------------------

There are a bunch of DJs on the board.

Originally posted by nightcrawler:

how are u all so sure that this is really JV?? it says he's been registered since november 98, wow, didnt think big dj;s had time to read this board

------------------

Dave H.

Toxic Productions

how are u all so sure that this is really JV?? it says he's been registered since november 98, wow, didnt think big dj;s had time to read this board

Because that is his e-mail address..

A lot of djs use to post here.. They dont anymore cause of all the bashing.. Why would they want to post on a board with a bunch of kids that do nothing but bash every single dj out there??

------------------

yea i was gonna say thats his email address as well. tranza is right its him, and he's right that the dj's arent' gonna wanna come on and post so everyone can kiss their ass in one post then bash them in another rolleyes.gif

-Rob

------------------

"And thus they give the time, that Nature meant

For peaceful sleep and meditative snores,

To ceaseless din and mindless merriment

And waste of shoes and floors."

Did not want to. I was only stating that I am not included in that group. A few people in this post were talking in very general terms about the people that post on the board.

Sorry if it seemed defensive just wanted to clarify that not everyone on this board fits in that group smile.gif

------------------

Dave H.

Toxic Productions

I know it's JV cause he is my friend and that is his real email address (and I know his favorite drink is bacardi and coke LOL).... also, many djs still read the board, I think the drama that is usually present here prevents them from posting.....I could name a whole list of big DJs who read this board, but i don't want to blow their cover lol

As far as me, I post on this board for three reasons:

1. As a dj, i like to get input of all kinds from clubbers - not just on my own sets, but also on musical styles in general, and also the styles of other djs....

2. I get bored at work during my so called "day job" and this helps to pass the time

3. Most of the peeps on the board seem pretty cool, and i have even learned a few things by posting here....

I think i can speak for all DJs when I say that we realize clubbers are the reason we can make money and have fun doing what we do, so being in touch is definitely a good thing....

Just my 2 cents LOL

------------------

"Losers try. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen." <A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://www.djrussreign.com" TARGET=_blank>www.djrussreign.com</A>

[This message has been edited by russ reign (edited 09-07-2000).]