Clubplanet Nightlife Community

GOT A DWI ON FRI., ANY ADVICE NEXT??

YOU WILL GET A PUBLIC DEFENDANT AS SOON AS YOU GET CALLED YUP TO THE STAND. WHAT DO YOU THINK THEY ACTUALLY SIT YOU DOWN AND GO OVER WHAT HAPPEN TO YOU. THEY WILL CALL YOUR NAME AND THE PUBLIC DEFENDANT WILL TAKE YOU OUTSIDE AND ASK YOU WHAT HAPPEN AND WILL TELL YOU WHAT IS LIKELY TO HAPPEN AND IF YOU WILL PLEAD GUILTY OR NOT. WHAT DO YOU THINK THEY ACTUALLY CARE IF YOU GET YOUR LICENSE TAKEN AWAY AND DO SOME TIME. FOR CHRIST SAKES RIGHT AFTER THEY ARE DONE WITH YOU THEY GOT A MILLION OTHER PEOPLE TO QUOTE ON QUOTE DEFEND. IF I WERE YOU ID GET MY SELF A LAWYER. AND THIS MIGHT LET YOU FEEL BETTER BE THANKFUL THAT NO ONE IS HURT.

------------------

THERE AINT NO GUEST LIST TONIGHT BITCH!

A friend of mine got arrested dead-drunk with a DWI in CT a couple of months ago. He hit a lightpoll, took it down, almost got fried with the fireworks the blast created. Two blocks had no electricity. Went to court without a lawyer and got off fairly easy, 3 month license suspension and a fine a bit less than a grand. I think he got EXTREMELY lucky.

------------------

May be one day I'll be an honest man... Up till now I do the best I can.

Dude,

1,) Find a good lawyer-Especially one who knows the judge!!!-

2.) Don't ever drive drunk around that campus. The cops are like swollen pricks ready to unload on anyone in a car.

3.) Find a good lawyer, trust me, its worth the money.

Get a lawyer. Or at least seek some type of couseling through that. I think the suspension will be a lot longer than 3 months. You were a danger to peoples lives so usually they are harder on DWI's. They make also make you do community service for this and a fine of up to at least $1000. Definately get some legal counseling. That make be your only way to lessen the punishment which you will get.

------------------

~*~* You wanna touch it?~*~*

Consider youself lucky, I was unfortunately not. I totalled my car. I was goin about 70 mph. down n. parkway on Long Island and hit the gaurd rail. My car flipped to the other side of the parkway. Im not getting into details but unfortunately people have to learn the hard way. Best advice: Be grateful you didnt kill someone else.

~~Sue~~

P S best of luck.

try to delay your court date as long as you can. the judge might give you two weeks for lawyer shopping but inform him a few days before that you're still looking. during that time, you should come to court during session and check out which lawyers are best dealing with dwi cases. get there early since lawyers get their cases heard first.

sit back and enjoy the show; you'll see which lawyer can pull of the best tricks.

ask a lawyer if he can repeat his performance.

it's going to cost you plenty especially, in jersey, due to surcharges (~$3,000)

my next suggestion:

don't drink and drive... drop instead!

good luck,

K.