Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The original WORLD - Anybody remember???

djchris

I went to this place 12 years ago 1988ish, and I can't remember where it was (I think Ave A). It was 2 levels and had holes in the wall. I was just wondering if anyone else had ever been there?

Just a coincidence that they are doing this club with the same name.

------------------

It's all in the music

Guest crystalmethodny

Damn Chris

Before my time bro.

I have to say... I think its a lame name wink.gif

Definitely have to check it out anyway, despite it being tourist central.

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

Originally posted by djchris:

I went to this place 12 years ago 1988ish, and I can't remember where it was (I think Ave A). It was 2 levels and had holes in the wall. I was just wondering if anyone else had ever been there?

Just a coincidence that they are doing this club with the same name.

Hey, I've heard of those places with the holes in the wall...you bad boy! Just Kiddin' biggrin.gif

------------------

blultbar.gif

disco_anim_bf16.gif A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to it's old dimensions.

Never been to the original World. But did hear of it. Would see the passes on the street en route to places like the Building and The Red Zone. Wow, this goes back to when I was like 16 or 17. I feel sooo old. That's alright though, glad I partied back then instead of now, cause the scene sucks now....lol...

speaking of old clubs, did anyone go to this club that was behind the palladium? It was actually in the same building, just the entrance was on 13th street. they used to play industrial/ new wave. I think I went around 1990, 1991. It had the same vibe as the building. I remember I opened one of the door in this club, and it opened up on the top level of palladium, above the stage, and you can look down on to the dance floor @ palladium. What was this club called, anyone remember?

Unfortunately I never made it to The Saint, but I have seen pictures, my close friend went, and I've read so mucha bout it, from the pictures the place was fucking sick...It was a planetarium inside...and the DJ booth was in part of the wall of the dome, and they had other parts that opened where the dancers would be...It had a huge globe which came out of the ceiling...apparently it felt like you were in outer space, floating even...amazing...they had lockers to so you could bring a change of clothes, and no drinks were allowed on the dancefloor, no alcohol was served either...much like Vinyl smile.gif

It's All About the Music :o

Do remember the world, todd and glenn, woop, memories, I just spoke to Glenn a few days ago, he's very close with a close friend of mine, he's working on some new things coming in the future...

-M

------------------

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to no one." Louis Armstrong

it.gif

FeelTheseBeats@aol.com

Originally posted by ILL HOUSE YOU:

Unfortunately I never made it to The Saint, but I have seen pictures, my close friend went, and I've read so mucha bout it, from the pictures the place was fucking sick...It was a planetarium inside...and the DJ booth was in part of the wall of the dome, and they had other parts that opened where the dancers would be...It had a huge globe which came out of the ceiling...apparently it felt like you were in outer space, floating even...amazing...they had lockers to so you could bring a change of clothes, and no drinks were allowed on the dancefloor, no alcohol was served either...much like Vinyl smile.gif

It's All About the Music :o

Do remember the world, todd and glenn, woop, memories, I just spoke to Glenn a few days ago, he's very close with a close friend of mine, he's working on some new things coming in the future...

-M

Yep!! Exactly how I rememberd it!!!

Yeah Glenn was always good people - I hope he makes a comeback one day. He was always cutting edge. Morillo was cool too, he used to hooked me up with alot of vinyl years ago. Now a days everything is running to fast. Here and gone.

------------------

It's all in the music

Originally posted by bionic:

Was it Emerald City?? Remember that place?? I went there after my senior prom. I think India performed live that night. I don't even remember the address. Does anybody know where it was? It was about 10 years ago.

Holy shit am I getting old.......

emerald city was on 57th and 12th...where copacabana is now Glenn Frisia spun there I think @ hot 97 parties..

Originally posted by republix:

Originally posted by bionic:

Was it Emerald City?? Remember that place?? I went there after my senior prom. I think India performed live that night. I don't even remember the address. Does anybody know where it was? It was about 10 years ago.

emerald city was on 57th and 12th...where copacabana is now Glenn Frisia spun there I think @ hot 97 parties..

It's the Copa Cabana Now!!