Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Does Anyone live in the Astoria Queens Area?

dazies is located on 40th street and Queens Blvd. can't miss it. OUTSTANDING food, especially the desserts. Italian, and kinda ol' school. now that you live in queens, you can afford manhattan prices sometimes smile.gif lemme know what you think.

there are tons of little irish pubs and bars in the sunnyside, LIC area, not sure of astoria. i hear that has a large greek population. never been to clubs in queens, but i live near casablanca on queens blvd, and that place always seems to do well. very hispanic. strip clubs everywhere if that's your thing.

cool cool thanks guys...

hey apoth - what kind of stuff u spin? Ill def come check u on a sat night when Im not DJing.....I have to go to WLIR from 3-5 this sat night for the radio thing, but maybe ill stop down b4 that......

I bring some of the DJ crew.....are they cool about comps and drink tickets for DJs and producers?

------------------

"Losers try. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen." www.djrussreign.com

Astoria has one of the biggest clubs in Queens is called Krash. It has a really good sound system but the music can be very eratic. I've been living in Astoria for almost 3 yrs. and I love it. There are hundreds of great restaurants and some very good Lounge bars. You are going to love it.

Welcome to the Neighborhood smile.gif

PM me if you need to know more

TONY

------------------

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints. icon26.gif -BJ

hey - well consider this - I was paying 2900 for a dope 2 br on the upper east side, beautiful apt, I cant complain...but, then my roomate had to move out, and thats a hell of a lot for one person....

so....I got this place in astoria... a nice 2 br for $950 a month and now i have no roomate, so one bedroom can be a recording studio....and best of all its only 10 minutes to midtown by r train...

as for no fee, im not sure, i actually had to pay 3500 finders fee, but i guess it's worth it in the long run......the neighborhood seem s pretty laid back too, although ive only been there twice so far....

------------------

"Losers try. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen." www.djrussreign.com

Hi Nicole, Astoria is very expensive right now cause its so close to the city (15-20 min and U are in midtown). One bedroom goes for $1,000 and up. Studio $850 and up. But it is so conveniet living there; trains, banks, shopping, restaurants, cafes, lounges and bars, park everything is around U. I lived in Astoria for 2 years and I enjoyed it alot.

nicole,

consider long island city, sunnyside and woodside also. i work in midtown, and including the train ride (i ride the #7), my commute is no longer than 25 minutes (mostly the walk after i get off the train at grand central.) i have an above average sized apt (large for manhattan) that i split with a roommate. $600 each! but the broker fee was a bitch.

people are catching on...the boroughs are the way to go, and queens is tight.

all right!! nice to know that i'm not alone out here along the 7 train. . . actually i live right off the 52nd St stop on the 7 train. . .

woodside/sunnyside is a great neighborhood! tons of irish pubs and great take out places. it's also very cheap. i have a HUGE 2 br apt for $1100/month. best of all, the walls are practically soundproof, so i'm loud at all times of the night and no one complains!

and if you're lookin' for late night eats, the Sunlite Diner on 39th St and Queens Blvd. has great cheap, greasy diner food.

and my two favorite bars in Queens are both in L.I.C., Amnesia on Broadway off the N train and Tupelo on 36 Ave. . . great music and good crowds. . .

noiseboy

Russ Reign I'm looking to move there too. Who or what did you use to get the aparment.

Please respond ASAP

Originally posted by nicole212:

Hi to all you Astoria dwellers...

I am getting really tired of paying out the ass for everything in the city, and am considering Astoria. What are rents like? Are there any owner/no fee apartments left?

Thanks,

Nicole212 (maybe 718 someday!)

------------------

Matthew

Saci Fri, Joe's Pub Sat.

flavapromo2@aol.com

I'm right off the 52nd stop also. 2years Howdy neighbor.

Originally posted by noiseboy:

all right!! nice to know that i'm not alone out here along the 7 train. . . actually i live right off the 52nd St stop on the 7 train. . .

woodside/sunnyside is a great neighborhood! tons of irish pubs and great take out places. it's also very cheap. i have a HUGE 2 br apt for $1100/month. best of all, the walls are practically soundproof, so i'm loud at all times of the night and no one complains!

and if you're lookin' for late night eats, the Sunlite Diner on 39th St and Queens Blvd. has great cheap, greasy diner food.

and my two favorite bars in Queens are both in L.I.C., Amnesia on Broadway off the N train and Tupelo on 36 Ave. . . great music and good crowds. . .

noiseboy

------------------

Matthew

Saci Fri, Joe's Pub Sat.

flavapromo2@aol.com

nycedee.....i live in sunnyside also...hi neighbor!!! never hang out there though. have passed by casablance and the crowd out there is pretty scary. been to krash (thats in astoria), i think u forgot to mention its a gay club. astoria is cool for hangin before a night out...very nice cafes all over to just chill at. lots of restaurants to go to.

definitely cheaper than the city. lived in brooklyn for a year also (heyyyy to all the dyker hieghts/bayridge/bensonhurst folk!!!), and that was really cool, but the commute is a b#tch!!!

Thanks everyone...

I lived in Fresh Meadows while in school for 4 years and vowed never go go back to Queens as most of it is a cultural wasteland. Now it seems I've missed the boat on cheap rent/no fees. I guess I'll pay out the nose anywhere I live except for Flatbush!

Nicole212