Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Oakenfold vs. JP

gq2727

Originally posted by crystalmethodny:

Yo...

EZdreamer and Adam

STFU and dream on this!

wink.gif

Tsk, tsk, I want you to bring your mother to my office, cause you're headed for a suspension, sonnyboy.

BTW name ten songs from JP and Oakie for my amusement. But you can't ask me, cause I dunno squat. I got too way too many trance cds that I put in rotation at my workouts and Lord knows what the song's names are...

------------------

Dream a little dream...

Originally posted by crystalmethodny:

All I have to say is...

If your knowledge of music comes from going to international clubs, then, its pretty weak.

I give credit to JP, he does his job well, and his people love him. But... he's not the King of this city, there never will be /one/ King... but I think I can name a few DJs (along with most people here) that are far more international the JP, mixes better then JP, has better sets, is more reknowned, respected, humble, loves his people, doesnt do lines of whatever next to the BPM meter, and also has a residency in N Y C.

But why I argue?

You win.

WORD

biggrin.gif

Is this a joke question?? Paul oakenfold is a forefather, an innovator of music. He dares to go where no other djs do and he deserves all of the media attention he has recently gotton, he is IMHO the best DJ out there, in many ways. JP is IMHO one of the, scratch that, THE most overated DJ in the world. This is not his own faulot though, he does have skills, but the problem is that you get all of these trolls who have never been anywhere but Factory (except for mabey twilo when S&D or PVD were there) and just started going to clubs and taking E (which makes anyones DJing sound like the best in the world) and all they could think about all week was how good the music sounded to them, so they think JP is the best DJ in the world, and then go tell all of their friends. Then you get all of these people who have never even been out saying he is good to, because that is the cool thing to do.

Even if this eloboratd senario is not accurate, these are the facts:

Paul is an extremly talented international DJ and JP is your average to slightly better than average big city resident DJ.

------------------

"looking for the secret, searching for the sound" --Phil Lesh, Greatful Dead