Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New York clubs

sindai

Hi everyone, I`m going to be in New York in October for the 6th time in the past year. I was wondering if anyone out there can tell me the best club to go to for underground/deep/jungle/progressive house. I don`t want to go to a club with youngens. I went to Exit on a Saturday and everyone looked like they were 14 years old! And what a bunch of ravers. I`m sorry, but those plastic chains, and low waist flair pants are so immature. Need to go to a place where I can hear some really good house music without the kiddies around.

If you are looking for a more mature, fashionable crowd then I suggest Centro Fly on a Friday or Saturday night. You could try Spa also..but a lot of people don't like it because of the rediculous door policy. I happen to know David (who really is an asshole) so it is best to go early if you are just going without knowing someone.

If you happen to be coming on October 6th..your BEST BET is definitely Twilo...Pete Tong is DJing and he is IMO in the top 3 DJs around. I also recommend Factory..even though many people here hate it..have been going for many years and I feel although it is downhill recently..it is worth checking out for after hours (5-8 am is the best).

If you tell when specifically you are coming and what you are looking for..I will be happy to offer my best suggestions...

cwm9.gif

Twilo most definitely on Friday nights(I hear Vinyl is good too)...before that, you could pre-party at Centro-fly, Liquids, Vinyl etc.

Saturday - Sound Factory is OK for after-hours, though you get a lot of meat-heads...before that check out JA (on 7th between Grove and Bleecker)...they play some really hard trance/house, esp between 1 and 4am.

There are TONS of places to go in NYC...just pick a place. Just came back from Ibiza...and though those kinds of places are unrivaled when it comes to partying, it is, after all, ONLY a holiday destination. NYC, IMO, is one of the best cities in the world when it comes to clubbing year-round!