Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is SPA is the Greatest Club In NYC?

Originally posted by shterenta:

Is SPA is the Greatest Club In NYC? I thinks it is. Any thoughts or opinions? Why you ask?

1. DJ

2. Decor

3. Atmosphere

4. Door

It's true, it's true.

I have heard of Spa, but never went there. What is the age to get in?

------------------

It takes a minute to like someone, an hour to get to know someone, a month to love someone, but it takes a life time to get over someone.

Kat7135672@aol.com

angel_blue.gif

Originally posted by executress:

Dont think so... When I went on a Fri. once, they were playin "I like to move it, move it". Dont think that sounds like such a phat club as you're hypin it up to be....

lol, that's the worst fucking song, hehe....exec, how did you like eugenes?

Guest crystalmethodny

That was pretty dicky of me, my apologies...

It really isn't a bad place if you like that crowd (I dont know what got into me, just being sarcastic)

I think Jackie Christie is a pretty sweet DJ, so...

The door drama is still a bitch though.

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

Tuesday's are really good there I have to admit.. I went there once and saw that little prick Leo DiCaprio. Saturday's are really good too. But it is all about the door really. Kenny Ken works the door and if anyone remembers him from old Limelight days...It can be a real bitch to get in if Kenny Ken doesn't like you....The music isn't the greatest either......personally I liked it better when it was Systems and even when it was Key Club it was good..

------------------

vampienyc10

what decor? i was definetly disappointed with everything. i felt like i was at a school frat party. everyone looked the same - preppy, college-age, and hardly any diversity (i went on a friday). it's a waste of $25, unless you are on the list and get in for free...otherwise go somewhere else.

if you like SPA so much , you might like

FLOAT as well - very similar venue, but

DJ is 10x better IMO.

Great place on Saturday nights to pick up chicks(if you're in to it) before night begins. This was an opening spot for me

for some time on Saturday night. cwm12.gif

Originally posted by vampienyc10:

I love Float...I think Float is way better than Spa.. besides Spa is tiny as hell.. Float on the other hand is alot more diversfied as far as music is concerned.. It has different floors and what not.. The music on the main floor is amazing.. cwm16.gifcwm30.gifcwm30.gif

my props to DJ Serge for keeping a vibe at FLOAT! He plays great tracks to keep us going all the time. Great drinking & dancing venue for sure!

I've never been...

My girlfriend went on a Saturday and told me that she absolutely f--kin hated it! As far as she described it, it was a drinking crowd full of blandly homogenous people -- the type who get a few beers in them and run around trying to convince girls that they are Donald Trump. As for the music, she said it was bad to mediocre, and she was particularly vexed when she heard that cheezy dog-barking song (I know, some of the people here like it if I remember the thread right. But in a club?) cwm33.gif

i like dj serge, but i agree with the comment about dudes thinking they're the Donald. people are kinda rude in there too sometimes. honestly, i do go for the beautiful women there every once in a while...it gets old, plus even if i landed one of those chicks, i couldn't afford her anyway.lol

saci is similar, i think its better than float, better crowd, not as euro and snobby, but its hip-hop, so that gets old too

Uh - petp or whoever wrote that "SPA is trying to be how LIFE was on tuedays...whatever"

it IS LIFE - the same exact staff, promotions, PR, managers, security ....

sorry just that I worked there for years and even though its not always my favorite its extremely successful & a lot of good people/hard work goes into it. not for everyone but come ON - all you people saying it sucks and is gross inside and so on are just pissed about being turned away! the decor happens to be great- whether u like the crowd/scene or not!

R

------------------

--=== Deep into the vibe of house music ===--

xMissDiva19x@aol.com

Originally posted by shterenta:

Is SPA is the Greatest Club In NYC? I thinks it is. Any thoughts or opinions? Why you ask?

1. DJ

When I went my friend and I kept asking each other who the fuck actually likes this kind of music. Obviously not the people forcing themselves to move painfully on the dance floor, that's for sure. The best we could come up with is some really boring girls view it as non-threatening, whereas good house might show them off as being devoid of soul.

2. Decor

OK, the decor is one positive for the place. But what gets me is how they spent so much money on the decor and have a sound system worse than mine in my flat. Have you ever tried to listen to the music in the side room? If you go out to where you should be dancing, all you can hear is static and vibration and no music.

3. Atmosphere

What?!?!? How?!?!? No interaction, no vibe, no feeling, only lame-ass pickup attempts get anyone talking to each other.

4. Door

If you dress up and take girls you will have 0 problem at the door, even if you are a complete idiot, which 90+% of the people in that place are. The door drama is way over done there, they just have a long line which seems to excite everyone. As soon as the line shortens, no one will want to go.

I have some friends who go, and the only reason they do is for the women.

It's true, it's true.

You're fuckin sick if you think so. It's pretty sad if this is the best in NYC. I'm really hoping Home can come and open a cool place with good music. Right now, Centro-fly is the only one that is a trendier place but still has good music. And what's wrong with Euro? I dig the Eurotrash kind of places. If Spa played upbeat house it would be sort of like a Euro-club, but all the shitty hip-hop they play there definitely keep it from being "Euro."

JohnB