Clubplanet Nightlife Community

TWILO - CANADA INVADES TONIGHT

spoonyd

Guest crystalmethodny

Why would anyone hate Canada?

Hey Spoony, know of an old Canadian House DJ by the name of Andrew Komis? Late 80's...

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

I was in Montreal a few weeks ago..it was fuckin insane. Sona was the closest thing to a NYC scene..big, afterhours spot with sick house/trance. I went to about 6 other spots on St. Laurent street..don't really remember the names but they were smaller spots..many of them had hot trance and prog. house. If anyone plans to go there..post back..I have a lot of the flyers at home and I can tell you which the best places were.

CM - dunno the guy. Sorry.

my..ss - Clubbing in Toronto kicks ass. Raving kicks even more. Toronto still has a vibrant (true school) rave scene.

If anyone wants a VIP guided tour through Toronto clubland (and want to pay for my flight home) lemme know smile.gif As for places to go, the two best semi-underground clubs are System and Turbo. There's several small afterhours places, but they get a little skeezy with CO'd suburban 16 yr olds killing time between parties. There's also a whole wack of glam clubs... All in a 3 by 3 block section of downtown. Toronto has a real, and well defined clubland.

Best party there right now, IMHO, is Deep Red on Friday nights at Film Cafe (formerly the BASSmint). The last two times I was back they've had some kick ass talent - DJ Godfather, and DJ Minx. I also caught the sickest set from a recent addition to the Toronto roster - DJ Vortex (whom I'd love to get into NY - He'd kick some serious ass)

whew, and that's that.

------------------

keep it cutlary

www.spoonyd.iwarp.com