Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Los Angeles Sucks, Be Glad You Guys Aren't Here!

Originally posted by russ reign:

Ok so I don't get it - I'm In LA ...and I don't see what they hell is so great about this damn city....what a letdown.... not to mention that the clubs and music suck.....just had to vent......

I've switched places with you for the weekend and I agree. Music wise we are way lacking.

Check out Giant tonight . Go to Cafe Des Artists for dinner then go to Giant. It might help ease your suffering. There are some cool afterhours too tonight. Try Blue or Does Your Mama Know.

At least you'll be back her and I'll be back there in a few days. frown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.gif

------------------

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, And sorry I could not travel both, And be one traveler, long I stood, And looked down one as far as I could...

I shall be telling this with a sigh, Somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.

--RF

Ok so I don't get it - I'm In LA for the AES convention covering new DJ products (there are some awesome ones actually I'll keep you guys posted smile.gif and I don't see what they hell is so great about this damn city....

This is my fifth time here and I hate it....There are no cabs, maddddd traffic (makes NYC look like the open road), and the whole of downtown LA has like what, 12 buildings?... what a letdown.... not to mention that the clubs and music suck.....just had to vent......

------------------

"Losers try. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen." www.djrussreign.com

Originally posted by cotoncandydream:

Hola Russ love. I hope you are feelign better since we last wrote. Did you ever get to GNC and get those multi vitamins?

Not yet, but i will def get them as soon as i get home to good old NYC, god knows I need them. Macaluso says hi smile.gif We are dying out here.... It blows! It's crazy how we all bash on New York, then we come here and realize we definitely are spoiled.... get this - they play Rhythm is a Dancer and Daft punk Around the world in the clubs out here prime hour - and every mix is a trainwreck.....lol well, im going to thunderpuss' studio tommorow so that should be fun... c ya

------------------

Originally posted by russ reign:

Well, we are going to the Gate for dinner and an early party and then on to Giant... I heard that place is dope so I'll let you know what we think... thanks for the suggestion

Did you go to Giant? I heard plastic man made an appearence. I was like wow. The dude was in NY last night he flew all the way to LA for the next night.

Meanwhile in NY: I saw an abbreviated DT set and hung out at Twirl. DT kicks ass. But for waiting 30 min in a club and having my game completely wrecked by pigs. And just when I was getting to know one of the fine ladies of NY biggrin.gif

------------------

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, And sorry I could not travel both, And be one traveler, long I stood, And looked down one as far as I could...

I shall be telling this with a sigh, Somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.

--RF

Nope - never got to Giant.... there was too much TRAFFIC, we couldn't even more on the strip, it blows... im not sure if plasticman was there...

cotton - now i cant even go to their studio cause my plane reservation got fucked up and i have to leave in 20 mins!!!! aggghhhh had a great dinner last night though wink.gif

------------------

I've been to LA twice and San Fran maybe four times . . . both of those place CAN'T compare to New York!! I use to dream about living in Cali before I actually went there and now that I've been . . . don't really care to visit there again. I can only describe that place in one word . . . BORING. icon13.gif

DollaBill, Florida is not that bad. It's a hella lot better than Cali. At lest Miami and South Beach is. I LOVED Miami and South Beach!! Party Central . . . however, New York is still better because our party goes on ALL year round compared to Miami and Sounth Beach which is seasonal.

BlueAngel

------------------

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

angel.gif

I agree - Miami is dope, it's nothing like LA.... people around here (LA) wear flannel shirts to the clubs, and they still think they are the bomb just cause they live in beverly hills and are rich......

well, at least i got my flight straightened out so I can still check the thunderpuss studio smile.gif

found a great restaurant last night - Cafe Pinot - def one of my top five ever smile.gif

------------------