Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dress codes in NYC???

lafera1

Ok i was just wondering what you mean exactly when you talk about the door guy's. I am obviously not from NYC so i'm not used to this kinda stuff. If a club was like that in Atlanta I just never went, and the few that were like that sucked anyhow. any input would be helpfull, Thanx

peace, steph cwm5.gif

Another point, soemtimes they aren't looking ofr anything in particular, just being assholes for the hell of it.. that way people will be like "WOW it must really be cool in there" and it will attract more people..... wink.gif

------------------

vampienyc10

[This message has been edited by vampienyc10 (edited 09-19-2000).]

Why is it like that you ask? Because this is New York-one of the fashion capitals of the world. Not every club is choosy and if you want to go to a bar you can pretty much wear what you want. This is what makes New York City great. There's something for everybody. Personally I like to see a well-dressed crowd, people tend to behave better.

Originally posted by homersimpson:

Personally I like to see a well-dressed crowd, people tend to behave better.

Well, not necessarily "better" - quite often the size of the ego follows the price tag of the clothes, but at least they don't get into fights over stupid stuff. Don't get me wrong, I've partied with young crowds in sneakers and parachute pants and had a great time, but generally speaking a better dressed crowd is less rowdy.

Originally posted by resident:

Well, not necessarily "better" - quite often the size of the ego follows the price tag of the clothes, but at least they don't get into fights over stupid stuff. Don't get me wrong, I've partied with young crowds in sneakers and parachute pants and had a great time, but generally speaking a better dressed crowd is less rowdy.

Not to start a huge debate, but I am going to have to disagree with you on that topic from what I've seen. The majority of fights I have seen have been are with these so-called classier people, all dressed up...but that is just from my experiences, you may have seen different experiences.

- Peter

------------------

------------------------

flash.gif

I disagree... Most people at these types of places are using alcohol as their drug of choice. Alcohol + exaggerated sense of self = Fight over nothing just waiting to happen. I personally feel much safer in the raver type clubs. At least ten guys aren't going to jump me because I stepped on one of their boys' $200 shoes when dancing

Speaking of which.. I didn't get into "EXIT" of all places on Saturday cuz I was wearing sneakers... who would've thought that THAT would've ever happened... DENIED from EXIT... ah well.. live and learn...

------------------

If YoU'Re GoNNa PaRtY With Me... BeSt Be PrePaReD...

I'm quoting myself because maybe that way you guys will read what I write. Let's try this again: "quite often the size of the ego follows the price tag of the clothes". can we rephrase that as "alcohol + exaggerated sense of self", as someone wrote later? I think we're talking about the same thing - of course I've seen people make asses out of themselves because the fat wallet was causing an itch. "I've partied with young crowds in sneakers and parachute pants and had a great time" speaks for itself. Twilo and Vinyl have never let me down.

Quick timeout: if you take a bunch of rowdy sneaker-clad Sound Factory freaks and dressed them in Gucci, you'll get... a bunch of rowdy Sound Factory freaks in Gucci. Point being that clothes are only a minor part of something that could (imagine that) be called "the scene". Maybe my sense of style is way off the mark, but I wouldn't wear parachute pants and sneakers to Lulu's Parlour or Flute. However, I do own a pair of each, and deck them on every time I go to Vinyl or Twilo.

By the way, I like Sound Factory too. And I wasn't saying that all people that wear sneakers to Sound Factory are rowdy freaks. And finally, dressing nice doesn't mean dressing expensive.

[This message has been edited by resident (edited 09-19-2000).]

Originally posted by trancegrrl:

Yeah, and I'd rather throw on my DNKY and sneakers and rip shit up on the dance floor, instead of putting on my Gucci high heals/platforms and try not to trip over people and get all sweatty in my nice clothes. That's no fun, hehehe.

I totally agree. If I am going out to look all cute or whatever then I will wear the nice clothes and not dance that much. But if I am going out to dance, I will wear jeans, sneakers, sweatpants even, if I know I am going to be dancin' hardcore for a couple of hours. smile.gif

------------------

Non esco con Tizio, Caio e Sempronio. Forse Caio!

Speaking of dress codes, I've never been to twilo...What is the dress code there? Dressy or casual? I always go out dresses up. How should I dress for Twilo?

Thanks in advance cwm9.gif

------------------

.·:*¨¨*:·. I'm not a bad girl, Just a good girl that acts bad .·:*¨¨*:·.

icon26.giflittleangel.gif

Originally posted by molly525:

Speaking of dress codes, I've never been to twilo...What is the dress code there? Dressy or casual? I always go out dresses up. How should I dress for Twilo?

Thanks in advance cwm9.gif

You can pretty much get away with anything at Twilo. It's the kind of place where you don't see a lot of drinking, but a lot of dancing..... cwm14.gif

Well, not necessarily "better" - quite often the size of the ego follows the price tag of the clothes, but at least they don't get into fights over stupid stuff. B]

I did read your post...

It sounds to me like you plainly are saying people with big egos and nice clothes are less likely to get into fights over stupid stuff than less-adorned clubgoers. As I said before, I disagree with that. I can think of three occasions (one at Cheetah, one at Ohm, and one a while ago at System) where I was minding my own business and some drunk guy in expensive clothes stumbled into me. This was followed by the usual testosterone-fueled posturing by the guy and all his friends. Sure, your "size of the ego" statement and my "ego+alcohol" statements are similar, but we draw different conclusions from them. If you still are convinced I didn't read your post...

Come find me at factory this Saturday at 7A.M. I'll be by the right stair case on the main dance floor... I'm 8'6" 950 lbs. 1.5% body fat. I'll be wearing posing trunks and a $3 pair of sneakers with holes in them...