Clubplanet Nightlife Community

my last words on tipping your bartender

sirdante

i didnt mean to start drama. the whole idea of "token of appreciation" however is very valid. i did not intend to indicate that it is OK to stiff a server. i meant it demands a certain ettiquette from bartenders and others. they work for tips and they *will* make tips, but not bc they complain about assholes who dont tip or because they pull that old "you need this more than me" line. servers make bank bc they work fast and efficiently, not because they are too cool to put a small tip into their pockets.

heres a story:

my father has owned bars, clubs, restaurants, and hotels. when i was a kid, my dad was behind the front desk at our motel. some snotty ass fool came in and began giving my father a world of shit cause a light bulb was burned out in their room. my dad had every right to throw the fucker out into the street (which is where his stupid family would have had to sleep on a holiday weekend on cape cod w/out a reservation). instead, dad apologized and sent me to change the light bulb. "dad," i asked when i returned, "why are you so polite to these people. we all know the type they are-- miserable, cheap, whiney." and he said "because thats one person. every other room here tonight is filled with good people. once in a while you get someone like that. you just help them out and move on."

so, a few summers later, i am waiting tables at a tourist trap. i got stiffed with $.50 on a $75 bill. i was home complaining to my dad, and telling him i should have thrown it at the bums on their way out. you know what he said? he said "take the money, put it in your pocket, and forget about it."

simple words. good advice. life is too short to get pissy cause some bum chumps ya.

REMEMBER TO ALWAYS TIP YOUR BARTENDER!

------------------

i love music!

[This message has been edited by sirdante (edited 09-26-2000).]

Hmm... good advice.

It does depend on the bartender, though..

------------------

gohanssj2.gif

<I'm a Fire-starter>

--- When the Artful speaks

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

asthanos.gifeye.gifskulmov.gif

"Takin' out the suckas, and they don't know how I did it!!!"

munch.GIF

Float like a butterfly,

Sting like a bee.

I got the glow, baby!!

Can ya feel it?!?

Now back up and give me some dancin' room!!

dancingbaby.gif

Originally posted by raver_mania:

Yeah, till you end up waiting at the bar while EVERYONE around you gets their drinks (and thats after me tipping them heavily the first time around)!!

Sorry, I'll be the one making the drinks, you'll be the one waiting!! j/k

cwm9.gif