Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What are THE Essential Drum n Bass / Jungle CDs?

sup kids-

Alright. So I'm relatively new to the whole club scene (used to be a good catholic boy, but no longer! cwm23.gif ) , and drum n bass in particular has caught my ear and ensnared my soul! And I'm lovin it!

But my music collection is pretty meager...

So, what are THE essential dnb/jungle CDs out there?

I've got a few random joints from here and the UK, but I'm really looking for a sort of basics checklist from some real clubbers, not some music editor sitting at a desk somewhere at a .com.

So help a brotha out, aight?

PEACE,

notforkids

------------------

"Modern stupidity means not ignorance but the nonthought of received ideas." -Milan Kundera

"Common sense could save the world, but stupidity makes it fun!" -notforkids

yeah bukum is good but its kinda ligth and jazzy ,, i think you are looking for the rougher darker type stuff ( the good stuff)

breakbeat era is a good suggestion , but i would look more at like dieselboy and shit like that ... also i migth even avoid "CDs" and just goto a record store breakbeat science or ossom and buy a mix tape ... who ever is working can suggest one to you if u dont know what djs u like yet but they are prob just gonna sell u their sor they friends but it dont matter cuz they'll all be pretty good specially if ya still new to all this ... goto http://www.digitalnoise.com and check out teh archives theres more dnb than u could ever listen too there and u can see what sounds u like and what djs you're into then go shopping ... anyway that my suggestions ...

btw peshay ripped it last nigth at centro fly ... hes playing at phyiscs on friday ( in the giger room at limelight , use the side door its cheaper ($15 or $10 on list which u can get one at breatbeat science ). def worth checkin out ... and dont forget direct drive on saturday no one super special plays there rigth now but its a cool cheap party u can get drunk and hear some quality dnb ..... pm me for more info if ya want ..

------------------

lets go jets .....

Dont pay for CD's, most of em suck and get played out real easy. Do your research and Burn tracks off Napster, thats the only way to go these days. You'll have to keep buying CD after CD to keep your shit current. The whole things sort of a waste of money. Beleive me I used to do it. I have a whole CD collection that I have no interest in listening to anymore. Yeah if you wanna pick up stuff like the new S&D I can understand, those types of CD's from guys like them, Seb and other Global Underground guys are alright. But watch try to keep buyin them as they come out and then one day you'll realize the money that you wasted.

Invest in the stuff you need to download and burn stuff from the internet. In the long run its cheaper and alot funner too.

cwm43.gifcwm10.gifcwm31.gif

ESSENTIAL DnB purchase:

RONI SIZE - NEW FORMS...

OMG sooooo gooooood! Feeeeeeeeelin soooo hiiiiighhhhh....ok sorry..got to into it..but if you get the CD, you'll know what I mean smile.gif

-J

------------------

" I give in to sin ..Because you have to make this life liveable "-DM

Smoknjilly@aol.com

sup kids-

Mad props for all the help you're throwin my way!

joedollaz- I hear you, man, I'm scopin Napster for a while but haven't made much of a concentrated effort ... which what I'm about to do now. This T3 we have at work is blazin!

Been listening to digitalnoise.com for a week or two now and am lovin it... bouncin in my cube! cwm12.gif I might even apply for a job at their parent company, platform.net! haha wish me luck!

sdm1976 - thanks for the invite for fri, but I'm really feelin S&D at Twilo... then again, anything could happen, so I'll let you know! But let's keep in touch... I'm looking at hittin direct Drive on sat, so let's hang, a'ight?

Alright kids, thanks again for all the help!

PEACE,

notforkids

------------------

"Modern stupidity means not ignorance but the nonthought of received ideas." -Milan Kundera

"Common sense could save the world, but stupidity makes it fun!" -notforkids

I might even apply for a job at their parent company, platform.net! haha wish me luck!

werd i'm sitting at my desk in the platform office rigth now .. if u come in i'm the first mutha fucker u see =) say hi to me ...

good luck .. what kind of job are u applying for ?>

dont forget to chekc out peshay on friday at limeligth at physics ! Giger Room ...

------------------

lets go jets .....