Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Haunted Houses????

Ok Im looking for a REALLY good hanuted house to go to with my girls. Not

some cheap thing that you pay $5 for and is over in 10 minutes. Maybe something along the lines of a huge creepy castle. We dont care if its in NJ or NY. Anyone have suggestions?

------------------

Disco-02.gif

There's an old Irish saying -- 'there are no strangers, just friends who haven't met' -- so, until we meet, may peace and plenty rain down upon your head.

Originally posted by misskittie:

Ok Im looking for a REALLY good hanuted house to go to with my girls. Not

some cheap thing that you pay $5 for and is over in 10 minutes. Maybe something along the lines of a huge creepy castle. We dont care if its in NJ or NY. Anyone have suggestions?

good call Miss Kittie.........when ya get some answers to this question i'm right there with ya....LOVE HAUNTED HOUSES!!!!!!

------------------

The entertainment business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and weak men die like dogs.......

lightinggirl@hotmail.com

Has anyone seen that FEAR thing on MTV? It's when a group of people stay in haunted places for a few days and they have missions to go onto where each person has to say in a haunted room--by themselves, sometimes in darkness and have to record noises and sightings and stuff like that. It scares me just watching it. I can't even imagine what is could feel like!! I love doing shit like this! It freaks me out but my

addrenolin(sp?) in pumping so hard!!!!

Guest crystalmethodny

Howabout my apartment, Ms Kittie?

Muhahahah!!!

cwm28.gif

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

Originally posted by enyce2000:

I HAVE AN IDEA LETS DO A MEET-UP AND GO TO MADISION SCARE GARDER...HOW A BOUT IT? THEY HAVE LATES SHOWS SO THAT AFTER WE CAN ALL GO TO A CLUB..wHOS DOWN?

I went to it last year.....It's pretty weak!

Nothing scary about it! But if your trippin with friends......hmmmmmmmm Yeah!!!!! Good Idea!!!!! cwm4.gif

Originally posted by antvill:

I went to it last year.....It's pretty weak!

Nothing scary about it! But if your trippin with friends......hmmmmmmmm Yeah!!!!! Good Idea!!!!! cwm4.gif

wELL YEAH I MEAN THATS THE POINT ISNT IT?

**BUMP**

------------------

Howz Ya BOX?

Like a Biskit....

Ill go and get banged up for that John. Ill try and call you tonight if anything and Ill ask Steph too. Im sure she'll be game.

But I want acid. i havent done that in like 3 years I thik. No maybe about 2. Well thats not relevant anyway.

But yea, Im soo down. Im still interested in a crazy ass Hanuted Castle though. Im gonna keep looking on the web. See what I come across.

------------------

Disco-02.gif

There's an old Irish saying -- 'there are no strangers, just friends who haven't met' -- so, until we meet, may peace and plenty rain down upon your head.

NOW THIS IS WHAT IM TALKIN ABOUT PEOPLE! I dont think its pen for a bunch of crazy kids on acid tho...lol

Ringwood Manor

Original house was built in 1740, by the Ogden family, near the Saddle River, in Northern New Jersey. It is only about a 60

minute trip from New York City.

DESCRIPTION:

Ringwood Manor is a 51 room, Victorian- style mansion, and is described by Han Holzer as the most interesting haunted

house that he had ever visited.. The Manor and its estate was given to the state of New Jersey in 1936, and is open daily to

the public as a museum, for a small fee.

HISTORY:

Ringwood Manor wasn't always a 51 room mansion. A variety of owners did various construction projects on the Manor.

Although Ogden started the original smaller house in 1740, the main portion of the original house was completed in 1762,

thanks to the lucrative profits gained from the local iron business. Then, George Washington's geographer, Robert Erskine,

bought the house. Robert Erskine sold the house to Martin Ryerson, who was able to afford to tear down the original house

and then rebuilt it completely in 1807, due again to the soaring profits from the local iron industry. However, when the iron

industry profits declined in the 1830's, this Manor house was again sold, to a Peter Cooper, who later passed the ownership

of this property to his Son-in-law, Abram S. Hewitt, (who was a New York Mayor).

Once again Ringwood Manor had a tremendous remodeling job, under the direction of the very capable Mrs. Hewitt. She

changed the then drab Ringwood Manor into its present grand, yet off-beat appearance, which is due to the fact that Mrs.

Hewitt moved some previous existing buildings next to the main Mansion.

MANIFESTATIONS:

1) Alexander W., the Superintendent of the Manor, heard 2 different sets of footsteps, which point to two

distinct entities.

2) Doors to Ringwood Manor that had been locked and shut tight at closing time, were found by Alexander to

be wide open in the morning, when none in this world could have done it.

3) All along the upstairs and downstairs corridors, psychic-sensitive people have felt chills and/or cold, clammy

sensations/feelings.

4) In various areas of the house, presences have been sensed / felt throughout the years and reported since the

Manor became a museum.

5) Local legend, though not substantiated, tells the tale of Robert Erskine's ghost walking around with a lantern.

PSYCHIC REASEARCH:

Hans Holzer and medium, Ethel Johnson Meyers, discovered that the main center of the hauntings was in the area of the

Manor that originally was Mrs. Erskine's bedroom in the old, original house that was torn down in the 1807 remodeling.

Through the trance of Mrs. Meyers, Holzer made contact with 3 ghosts.

A) One of the restless spirits was a 19th century servant, Jackson White, who was part Negro and part Indian, and lived at

Ringwood Manor during that time period.

B) Another one was an unhappy servant of Mrs. Erskine, Jeremiah, who bitterly accused his Mistress of mistreating him.

C) The third personality was Mrs. Erskine herself, who wasn't pleased at all with the fact that Holzer was in her Manor, and

crankily told him, through the mouth of Mrs. Meyers in a trance, several times in an ungracious manner to leave and get off

her property.

STILL HAUNTED:

Yes.

------------------

Disco-02.gif

Ok heres one link i found...If you scroll down theres sites for hanunted houses in NY and NJ. iTS IN THE MIDDLE COLUMN

------------------

Disco-02.gif

John, Kathy, Steve......all of us going to Haunted Houses..........yeah, baby.....

hey Kittie, we need some men to protect us when we get SCARED.........

cwm14.gif

------------------

The entertainment business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and weak men die like dogs.......

lightinggirl@hotmail.com

I say... what day is Halloween again?!?

------------------

gohanssj2.gif

<I'm a Fire-starter>

--- When the Artful speaks

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

asthanos.gifeye.gifskulmov.gif

"Takin' out the suckas, and they don't know how I did it!!!"

munch.GIF

Float like a butterfly,

Sting like a bee.

I got the glow, baby!!

Can ya feel it?!?

Now back up and give me some dancin' room!!

dancingbaby.gif

I say there should be a meet-up then we find a place thats REALLY haunted (not this commercial BS) - I mean go through records of small towns, legends,etc...find an abandoned house..totally isolated if possible...but ABANDONED being the keyword, and spend the night there. To make it more interesting we should hold our own private little rave there...hell, a boom-box would do!

Wouldn't that be F**kin awesome!

------------------

Music saved my soul!

Originally posted by misskittie:

Ok heres one link i found...If you scroll down theres sites for hanunted houses in NY and NJ. iTS IN THE MIDDLE COLUMN

http://www.rats2u.com/halloween/halloween_houses.htm#haunted

------------------

Disco-02.gif

Ok I have an idea but I honestly dont think many people would be up for this. A while ago me and my old crew use to go up to this ghost town in NJ and get realllly banged up. Drinking, drugs, partying...the whole 9. Its creepy this place. Noone is around at all. No cops. No residents. Nothing.

Maybe somehow , saomeway we can arrange a huge party there. I have to remember the town but I can find out tonight. I think it would be better than a commercial house like someone else mentioned. It would be a lildifficult to arrange tho. Ok nevermind

------------------

Disco-02.gif