Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sandra Collins...love her!

lolly

After seeing her at a rave last year in Cancun she really got some respect from me. It must be hard to be a female DJ in this industry. Not too many out there. But she is OFF THE WALL in my opinion. I just bought her Tranceport 3 album and it's awesome! I can't stop listening to it.

Anyone with me? Also, does anyone know where she spins regularly? Does she even have a regular residency anywhere? Thanks!

------------------

grenda.gif

biggrin.gif

I have to agree - I saw her at Beyond 2K on wednesday nite - she was *amazing* - spun for like two hours or so, longer than she should have . . .

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

"To love someone is something..to be loved by someone is something else..

but to be loved by the one you love is everything.." Rob&Brandie AAF

loves2cox@netscape.net

AIM: loves2cox

woohoo. Get to see her spin in like 70 hours. It will be a real endurance test for her though, she will be coming from a major set to play her 2nd set of the day at this afterhours at 8 in the morning.

I'll post a review after my head finds its way out of the hole a few days after NYE.

Originally posted by herbalist:

I'll post a review after my head finds its way out of the hole a few days after NYE.

Can't wait man! Bring your ass back to NY.. it's been getting colder since you left! Have a good time with Sandra; hope she drops mad beats like she did last night!

//sariman (Ben)

------------------

P eace

L ove

U nity

R espect

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today!" -- James Dean

i love sandra collins. she drops some dope beats. i have been a fan of hers since the first time i saw her at a rave in like 92 i knew she would be awsome. and it doesnt hurt that shes a hottie also!!!

------------------

cop.gif

E C S T A S Y why cause i wanna get high!!!!!

AOL J303J

Originally posted by ezdreamer:

Sandra is phenomenal. She is the female equivalent of PVD imo.

Loved her set... my wish is to see her spin for eight hours.

ROAD TRIP! How far is chicago from this place anyway?

//sariman

------------------

P eace

L ove

U nity

R espect

Originally posted by sariman:

ROAD TRIP! How far is chicago from this place anyway?

Hmmmm. Chicago is about 16 hours from here. Less if ya drive fast. My Aunt has a phatty apt right on Lake Michigan. Maybe she'll let her nice old niece stay with her + some friends. Hmm, doubt it. Well, it was worth a shot.

I can't stop listening to my Sandra CD!! I absolutely love it!

------------------

grenda.gif

Does anyone know when her residency is? Is it the last Thursday of the month like S&D/Twilo?

I could probably look on the net, but I'm a lazy ass today. smile.gif

//sariman

------------------

P eace

L ove

U nity

R espect

Here's my only problem with Collins: She's one of those spoiled rich kids who learned to spin because they never needed to have a day job and had access to whatever equipment she needed, thanks to mommy and daddy. She admits it herself in the interview linked from this page: http://www.clubplanet.com/content/cstory/cover_archive.asp?curpage=3

Originally posted by helpermonkey:

Here's my only problem with Collins: She's one of those spoiled rich kids who learned to spin because they never needed to have a day job and had access to whatever equipment she needed

Labels like this aren't fair. It doesn't matter if she's spoiled or rich. Some people can feel the vibe and the beats in a special way. That's what makes a good DJ.

Even if you couldn't afford technics there are opportunities to learn to spin... hell some music stores have dual tables set up for people to try out beat matches. There are all kinds of amature things around in coffee shops and record stores.

Rich or poor doesn't make a bit of difference, IMO.

//sariman

------------------

P eace

L ove

U nity

R espect

Originally posted by shadowchaser:

I love Sandra Collins...she loves me...she doesn't know it yet. wink.gif

Yea I saw those looks you were giving each other. I swear I thought she was about to strip in complete lust! lol Your lucky she had to finish her set or you might have been toast bro!

//sariman

------------------

P eace

L ove

U nity

R espect

Ok, since this thread degraded without finding an answer for my question I looked it up myself.

Sandra Collins spins at Crobar in Chicago on the last Friday of every month.

//sariman

------------------

P eace

L ove

U nity

R espect

sandra collins is a musical genious!!! she's knows exactly how to take people to another world!!!

and i give her mad props for being successful in an industry so tough on females!!! hope more of them can break through like her!! god knows how much talent there is!!!

matt

I like the disk, but it pales in comparison to her live sets. I've seen her at Crobar in Chicago (she does have a res there). Off the hook. Made me a fan...

Warning though: I haven't seen much support for her on this board.

------------------

"Buckle up"

-she knows who she is.

dude i was probably right next to you guys when she was spinning?

were you the dude who got really happy when she was about to put on a record that you or your friend had?

im definitely going to satellite and getting aurora - ordinary world..... the shit just came out 12/21, BEAUTIFUL SONG, and watching sandra sing along to it......omg, almost creamed my pants right there cwm4.gif

hehe

lata

phil

I think she deserves her props. She let the energy drop a little more than she should have in places, but I think it's because the majority of the crowd was just standing there chilling... a good DJ plays for the crowd and if the energy isn't there then the music should reflect it.

I think she could get into it more, but I loved her little dancing around and she actually sang to the women's vocal tracks... REALLY enchanting. I have the vocal tracks and her face imprinted in my mind... it's not her voice, but it's a beautiful picture.

//sariman

------------------

P eace

L ove

U nity

R espect

I really haven't even seen much mention of her on the board, not just support. I don't think many people know about her to tell you the truth. Most people I know don't give her the time of day because she is a GIRL DJ and automatically think she might just suck ass.

I've also heard some of her live sets, and saw her live in Cancun last year along with Paul Oakenfold. She blew me away!

Brandie - Glad you're with me! I bet she was amazing at Beyond 2000, I cant even imagine.

------------------

grenda.gif