Clubplanet Nightlife Community

post your coatcheck nightmare stories here...

Sequoia! Oh my god, the coat check was a nightmare! There was no organization whatsoever. They lined people up, and once you got toward the front it turned into chaos. Mobs of people fighting to get there coat checked. I wanted to finally give up and hide my coat inside, but I was informed that you could not get in with your coat. And I dont even want to talk about getting it back. If I had not already paid $125 for my ticket, I would have left.

How about the coat check situation at the last Sasha & Digweed party at Twilo? One of the racks got dislodged from its housing in the ceiling...... took about 1.5hrs and about 10 people to fix it, to the exclusion of all else. Twas retarded indeed........ cwm10.gif

------------------

-=Vejita=-

"Live through the week. Live for the weekend."

the worst situation I got in was in Hammerstein when Oakenfold was spinning. I spent in the coatcheck like 40 minutes and got my coat in only because of help of some guy. It was insane!

------------------

AIM amallkavila

I've told myself so many times before

But this time I think I mean it for sure

We have reached a full stop

Nothing's going to save us from the big drop.. "DM"

unicornx1.gif

I'm a cocktail waitress at a club, but tehy were short on people, so i was working cashier at the door . . . and that job is done when we stop letting people in. So my best friend was also doing a different job, coatcheck, cause everyone they hired is incompetent. so my nice lil self is like oh i have nothing to do, i'll help out w/ coat check. biggest mistake of my life.

i get inside the coat check to see that the coats are in NO order whatsoever - tags 01-067 were on the same rack as 360-399 . . . just made no sense.

then the people started coming . . . they practically started a riot, because it was taking forever to get the coats. they were pushing forward, moving the coat check table in towards us, so three girls were trying to hold it back while another girl and i are obnoxiously screaming everyone move the FUCK back or no one is getting their coats.

one of my bosses radioed in and said, don't give out anymore coats until the people calm down. meanwhile, our bouncers are trying to get to the front of the crowd, and couldn't do it, and these people were screaming and yelling and pushing .. .

i was like WHY did i decide to be nice and help out?? SO i decided to get away from the main window where there were so many shady people saying they had already given us tickets, where were their leather jackets? the people couldn't describe what store they were from, etc. So i went over to the door and was getting coats from there, for five dollar tips. it was ridiculous. smile.gif

meanwhile, almost all the coats were gone and we had a bunch of enormous drunk guys screaming that we had lost their jackets, and they had all given us tickets, etc. those girls had managed to misplace 11 jackets that nite, 4 of them were leather.

friggin brilliant. my boss ended up coming over and offering to replace all the jackets.

*sigh*

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

"To love someone is something..to be loved by someone is something else..

but to be loved by the one you love is everything.." Rob&Brandie AAF

loves2cox@netscape.net

AIM: loves2cox

Originally posted by amalkav:

the worst situation I got in was in Hammerstein when Oakenfold was spinning. I spent in the coatcheck like 40 minutes and got my coat in only because of help of some guy. It was insane!

yes, that was ridiculous! huge mob, one incompetent degenerate pretending to try to do the job. we waited for almost an hour, only moving forward when the people in front of us gave up and said fuck it. so we finally figured, hey, we're here to see Oakie, not stand in a fucking coatcheck room, so we left and let the other people behind us move up

why is it clubs like to make entire crowds dependent on the most unable person there?

------------------

FOR SALE: ROOMMATE. CHEAP

If any other jerkoffs went to the GrooveJet pary on NYE, you would've experienced THE WORST COATCHECK EXPERIENCE OF ALL FUCKING TIME.

I'm talking about waiting 40 mins. before being allowed to go into the coatcheck section and try to find your coat on the floor in a 4 ft. pile of coats.

Absolutely Miserable.

I'd rather chew my dick off than to do that again. cwm14.gif

Originally posted by BigMarty:

If any other jerkoffs went to the GrooveJet pary on NYE, you would've experienced THE WORST COATCHECK EXPERIENCE OF ALL FUCKING TIME.

I'm talking about waiting 40 mins. before being allowed to go into the coatcheck section and try to find your coat on the floor in a 4 ft. pile of coats.

Absolutely Miserable.

I'd rather chew my dick off than to do that again. cwm14.gif

i can have my ho shadowchaser do that for you

------------------

FOR SALE: ROOMMATE. CHEAP

Originally posted by deanna11:

yes, that was ridiculous! huge mob, one incompetent degenerate pretending to try to do the job. we waited for almost an hour, only moving forward when the people in front of us gave up and said fuck it. so we finally figured, hey, we're here to see Oakie, not stand in a fucking coatcheck room, so we left and let the other people behind us move up

why is it clubs like to make entire crowds dependent on the most unable person there?

haha right, that guy was sooo serious smile.gif

I wanted to smack him so he would shut up!

------------------

AIM amallkavila

I've told myself so many times before

But this time I think I mean it for sure

We have reached a full stop

Nothing's going to save us from the big drop.. "DM"

unicornx1.gif