Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Groove

Groove definitely blows “Go” away. It gets a little cheesy in some parts i.e,. Digweed’s

acting debut. Definitely better than I thought it would be; it gives a realistic perspective of the Rave Culture. The last part the movie; truly reminded me why I love Clubbing. To me Clubbing or Raving should always be about the music, and the cool

People you meet. The director did a good job in bringing that message home.

Peace,

Sobeton

cwm32.gif

[This message has been edited by sobeton (edited 12-27-2000).]

[This message has been edited by sobeton (edited 12-27-2000).]

Originally posted by lbressler:

it's a tough call between GO and Groove. I saw Groove in the theatre and i got the dvd a couple weeks ago. it's a little unreal and a little to biased. it seems to be very much pro-drugs. There isn't much balance, such as showing what the drugs do to you. The characters in Go seem much more realistic, because one can relate to them better. In Groove, the characters seem to be jobless, brainless people who just party, which is not to criticize that life, because I am getting there, but it seems a little less than real. And there's something about watching GO before I go out that kind of gets you going. Happy Holidays Everyone! -LB

what up lee. i think the movie was realistic and understand that you saw it that way, but i didn't. i don't think the director was trying to show them as being jobless. half them were college kids and others had real jobs, its just the whole movie was based on one night, not spread at. 95% of the movie was the actually night, and how many different things you encounter which i thought was good. it how so much goes on at a party and how much goes into throwin one.

-Rob

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

I just rented it this past weekend and thought it was pretty good. I agree that it's about everything that can happen in a single night... from the guys driving around who can't find the place ( and still dancing to Digweed a la tape at sunrise), to the guy over doing it in the basement.

I don't think that a movie has to be realistic to be entertaining and I thought it was enjoyable.

I just rented it last night and I liked it, but my boyfriend hated it. I wish they based it on the NY club scene though.

The ending was my favorite part: when Digweed is spinning and everyone is dancing in slow motion, with big smiles on. I had to watch that part twice. - What album is that song on???

Definitely a realistic movie!!

------------------

india222@hotmail.com

Tinkerbell-01.gif

Groove is complete pants compared to Human Traffic. We watched both consecutively on Tuesday - and everyone (regardless of nationality) voted Human Traffic a much better film.

HT much much funnier, much more to identify with, generally much better made film. and it's in Blockbuster NOW!!

Originally posted by dirtyslapper:

Groove is complete pants compared to Human Traffic. We watched both consecutively on Tuesday - and everyone (regardless of nationality) voted Human Traffic a much better film.

HT much much funnier, much more to identify with, generally much better made film. and it's in Blockbuster NOW!!

That's the next movie I'm going to rent. But from what I've heard its about the rave scene in the UK. When I watched Trainspotting (a good movie) I found it hard to understand what they were saying sometime.

Someone should make a movie about the NY club scene! cwm9.gif

------------------

india222@hotmail.com

Tinkerbell-01.gif

Watched Human Traffic and Groove in back-to-back nights, too.

They both had their good parts to be sure

HT is a movie about getting ready to and the after events of a night out in a club, while G is a movie about the party.

I loved the direction in HT and the British accents give it extra points of course.

spliff politics was classic.

Groove, though, got me in the partying mood.

Next up: better living through circuitry.

I just saw the movie... I really really enjoyed it!! Perfect Illustration of the vibe when Digweed is spinning... I likewise, had to see that part twice!!hahaha cwm27.gif So many issues of the real clubbing/rave world portrayed... The real reasons... The music, the people, the party, the vibe... Feels good to watch a movie that somehow connects with reality... our reality... cwm1.gifbiggrin.gif

Check it out if u haven't already!!

P*L*U*R cwm12.gif

------------------

Peace, Love & Twilo for Everyone!!!

Equaliser-01.gifSpeaker-02.gif

De Caracas para el mundo!! estedecaracas.jpg