Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Grammy Nominations- WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!

I just heard some of the Grammy nominations this year. Has music gone down the fuckin tubes or what?

I mean Emimen is alright, but he's gonna walk outta there with "Best Album", "Best Song" and "Best Hip-Hop Album & Song". Funny thing is he even raps about how he couldn't give a fuck about the Grammy's, but watch- his ass will be sitting in the front row.

His competition- Paul Simon? Radiohead? Who the fuck is voting? Not that there's much to choose from. It ain't like it used to be with fuckin M.Jackson, Prince, Janet, Tribe called Quest, U2, Pearl Jam, Rage, Pumpkins, Nirvana, Soundgarden, and on and on.

And did Madonna get nominated for anything? Sade? Toni Braxton?

Who wants to watch the fuckin MTV posse (Eminem, Nsync, Brittney, Christina, Backstreet, et al.) march up on stage as well as perform. I'm sick of Limp Biscuit too.

I swear music has really gone down hill. Thank God for dance music & remixes of pop songs & Napster.

peace

Originally posted by The ANSWER:

I just heard some of the Grammy nominations this year. Has music gone down the fuckin tubes or what?

YES- MUSIC HAS GONE DOWN HILL.

I wanna know why Sade was never nominated .

The people that vote for the Grammys - NARAS- Nationa Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences - are usually other producers, enginneers and industry peeps. In order to be a voting memeber- you have to have some credibility in the industry.

Bascially they have a board of industry heads who are not familiar w/ every genre of music- they listen to all the nominees and vote- who ever sounds good enough to be a winner. LOL !!

For REMIXER of the YEAR - First- It's under the Production cateogry and it's field 85 !!!!! It's along with the "not so recognized category".

Compared to Rock/ Pop /R&B/ hip Hop -

Which are the top 5 categories - REmixers come in at 85th category ! That tells you what the rest of the music business thinks about "guys who make dance music".

ANYWAYS - Goto WWW. GRAMMY.COM.