Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone here ever been to Istanbul, Turkey... the clubs are the best I've ever been to

Guest dabiatchka

Guest dabiatchka

My dad's Turkish and we vacation in Turkey every other year and this past summer I checked out some of the clubs there.

They were amazing. The best I would have to say was Club Havanna it was under the city bridge, the view was so amazing at night, yachts were droping off people at the club, on the top floors were restuarants and lounges and there was probably the mst beautiful group of people I've ever seen together. Anyways just wondering if anyone has ever been there?

ohhhhh myy gooodddd!!

You hit home baby! I GO ALMOST EVERY SUMMER.....

Do they know how to live or what! you'll never get a view like that and you'll never know what I'm talking about unless you've been there!

Love ya! baby! Sinem

your a jerk now you have me yearning for some Istanbul.. and turkish coffee! cwm12.gifcwm12.gifcwm12.gif

------------------

mouse.gif

My mum's from Turkey...she would never tell me how the nightlife was there,probably because she doesn't want me trying it out! lol but definately when I go there one of these days I'll check it out...any other clubs you recommend,and how about in other cities in Turkey,like Antalya,Izmir,Ankara etc?

cwm13.gifcwm12.gif

Guest dabiatchka

There are a hell of a lot of great clubs an hpefully I'll be going again this summer so I can check out even more. As far as I know the best cities are Istanbul all year round and for summer Bodrum is definately the place to be. I'm not sure about Antalya I was at a resot just outside of there but never went into the main city there was no need to cause there are clubs in the resort itself. God I miss Turkey so much.

I think the clubs there are very upscale in a way? Not really like a club that you would think of like here. More like a restraunt/club... Not my kind of style. Sowwy. I'm turkish, my sister went there like 3 years, she described them to me. I haven't been to any from first hand experience.

------------------

*Did you find your ecstacy?*

E-mail: PrimeKMB2@aol.com

AIM: PrimeKMB2

Guest dabiatchka

That's so awesome that you've been there. I actaully used to live there for 3 years when

I was young but I didnt get to enjoy the nightlife untill this summer since I just turned 18.

I couldn't believe how awesome these places were and all the people that were there. I even got to see Tarkan, I don't know if you know who he is but he's a famous Turkish singer and he just strolls in with his like 20 bodygaurds as we were leaving.

Do you go to any of the resorts there? Have you ever been to Antalya?

Guest dabiatchka

Yeah I guess u could say they were upscale since it is mainly only the rich that go those clubs. Havanna I know cost $30 just to get in and in Turkey money is worth a lot more than here. Minimun wage is like probably less than $300 month.

Anyways we ended up spending like $400 in one night including dinner upstairs and drinks downstairs.

hahah, just came back on friday from istanbul... had the best time... there are some many hot places... i had a chance to see sander kleinenberg spinning at Milk... definetely check out Milk, Switch, Scene, and the Cream party at Liman on Wed nites... I left 95% of my mind there...Girls are hot music is great, djs are Twilo class, people are friendly... Worth checking out...

------------------

CK

I've always wanted to travel in Turkey ... something about the history of the land has always really attracted me. Psyched to hear that it has a great nightlife scene too.

------------------

Work like you don't need the money,

Love like you have never been hurt,

Dance like nobody is watching.

[This message has been edited by mel-o-d (edited 01-08-2001).]

i've been twice to istanbul, and i love that city. my wife to be is from istanbul/izmir, and the best and only way to know such a place is to have a 'tour guide' whom is a native turk. what i mean is, the language barrier is extreme, and i doubt, in my experience, that without someone to speak for you/show you around, you could never get a real feel for the place.

there is an underground scene there, that an average tourist could never become involved with.

outside of clubbing in general, the food is exquisite, and if led in the right direction, epicurean delight is inevitable.

the culture is old and beautiful including the people. all is not peaches and cream there tho, and without the proper assistance, istanbul can be a very dangerous place for an outsider.

as far as Bodrum is concerned, 'the turkish riviera', although i have not been, it is explained to me as an incredible experience. the only summer community i have knowledge of is in Cesme, which lies 70km west of Izmir, on the coast of the Agean. an inspiring location, with clubs/lounges on the water.

unfortunately i don't have the time to even scratch the surface of my time spent there.

once question, anyone been to the 'Secret Garden', in the Taxim section of Istanbul? the greatest lounge on earth!

be cool,

stephen

------------------

we must cultivate our gardens...

Originally posted by wizard:

once question, anyone been to the 'Secret Garden', in the Taxim section of Istanbul? the greatest lounge on earth!

been there i wouldnt call it the greatest lounge...

i think most of the people speak english if you go to the big cities, so language is not that bad of a deal... i would also recommend a blue voyage on the riviera...

ok this is turning out to sound like a NY Times travelling section... anyone going to turkey, in need of advice, is welcome to ask me questions...

------------------

CK