Clubplanet Nightlife Community

SF This Sat..

OK, first let me start by saying that I love the Factory, this way you all know I'm not a SF basher. Now let's get down to business:

What was the deal sat night? It was so empty - it was easy to walk around though.

The music, I thought was weak. I looked up in the booth a couple of times during the night and it wasn't JP - what did he have the night off?. The tracks were weak and the mixes (some of them) were terrible..

I got there at about 4 and stayed till 9. The crowd, also seemed different. Not the usual SF crowd. Just curious what anybody else thought??

I completely agree with you. Me and my friend got there at 4.. the music started to be great in about half an hour. It was banging until like 7 when that stupid show came on. Then from 7.30 it was horrible. I've never heard such a bad music there. We waited until 9 and then we were ready to leave, took out our jackets from coatcheck...and in that moment he rocked the house smile.gif He started great hard trance set for about 1 hour. I left at 10.15 when the music started to be weak again... I think that crowd was different then usually and there wasn't so many ppl... I think ppl stayed at home because they wanted to take it easy after NYE..

------------------

AIM amallkavila

I've told myself so many times before

But this time I think I mean it for sure

We have reached a full stop

Nothing's going to save us from the big drop.. "DM"

unicornx1.gif

I also love SF and go all the time. This sat got there around 4. From 4-5 I HATED it. He played the new Madonna track which is terrible IMO. He played Idol which I cannot stand smile.gif Some other crapy vocal. Then at around 5 he started getting into a really good set. We were dancing for about 2 hours and the music was AWESOME. It was NOT empty at all!!!! The dancefloor was PACKED but not TOO packed. At 7, he started playing some really crappy shit. Went on for about 2 hours, I couldnt' take it anymore. We went to get our coats and when we came back he was playing I Love You. Coats go on the couch and Lucie and I get on the stage and dance our asses off for another hour or so. Then at about 10:30 he went back to some bullshit music and we decided to leave.

Overall it was a very wierd night.. He kept going back and forth from being AWESOME to TERRIBLE. Very unusual because it's usually either one or the other. But I still had a good time. And yes, he was in the booth the whole time. I could see him from the stage/dancefloor working but he probably took breaks when that bullshit came on and popped some cd in.

About the crowd, I noticed that too. Although I'm sort of new there myself (my first time was this spring), I noticed the crowd changing too. But I know that the crowd in the summer is very different from the crowd in the winter, so maybe that's it. But a large part of the crowd are regulars, I see the same faces all the time and I even recognize these ppl at other clubs and come up to say hi smile.gif

LMAO Zoya!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought you will post the same thing smile.gif

------------------

AIM amallkavila

unicornx1.gif

Originally posted by amalkav:

LMAO Zoya!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought you will post the same thing smile.gif

Haha now this is really funny..

I was sleeping until 5pm. Then we went out and I went sleep again at 10pm. I was sooo tired, cirkles under my eyes big like a truck wheels and I couldn't sleep until 3am!!!!! I am so exhausted today. I passed out in subway I don't know how to survive today in work...

------------------

AIM amallkavila

unicornx1.gif

hehe I told you we should have stayed later! smile.gif Hopefully he'll play it again this Saturday ! He better smile.gif I can't wait!

------------------

AIM amallkavila

unicornx1.gif

hehe I told you we should have stayed later! smile.gif Hopefully he'll play it again this Saturday ! He better smile.gif I can't wait!

Yeah right.. Sure he'll play it again smile.gif I wish! I would've stayed until closing if he wouldn't have started playing that bullshit again.. You were the one wanting to go home LOL smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Is this possible that only three of us from this board went to Factory on Saturday?

Why nobody else is responding??? I am relly curious what other ppl think frown.gif

------------------

AIM amallkavila

unicornx1.gif

It's usually cold unless it's an event and it's PACKED. Then it's warm. But when the floor clears out even a tiny bit, it gets FREEZING. I don't even bother checking in my sweater anymore coz I know that I"ll need it sooner or later. But if you keep on dancing, you'll be warm smile.gif And I was wearing my sweater 1/2 the night too smile.gif

[This message has been edited by mysteriousss (edited 01-08-2001).]

i noticed how different the crowd was at SF on sat. not many regulars and ive been a regular since atleast 98. lots of strange looking people but its all about the music, as for the music i get there and hes playing troy nice to hear then plays alot of progressive trance minimal stixx for one which is great. he did drag out madonna way to long. then goes into idol with the accepella then goes hard from 5 to 7. now from 7 on or so it was shit music but oh well i havent complained about jp in a while. left at 8 cause i was tired and the noise he was playing.

Is this possible that only three of us from this board went to Factory on Saturday?

Why nobody else is responding??? I am relly curious what other ppl think frown.gif

I dunno.. Like you said, maybe a lot of ppl wanted to take it easy after last weekend.. It wasn't THAT empty in there!!! Even when we were leaving around 10 the dancefloor was still not empty..

I think you may be right. I see at least we are all somewhat in agreement on how the Factory was. After he played that new Madonna track I was wondering what he was thinking. And as far as that retarded show, that was just ridiculous. Whenever they do those things, I'll usually stop and watch for few minutes, but that was horrible.

Also, I don't know who was on climate control that night, but there was a point where, the dancefloor was freezing and upstairs they had the heat blazing.

Just a weird night all around. I still had fun though....

Originally posted by bionic:

I think you may be right. I see at least we are all somewhat in agreement on how the Factory was. After he played that new Madonna track I was wondering what he was thinking. And as far as that retarded show, that was just ridiculous. Whenever they do those things, I'll usually stop and watch for few minutes, but that was horrible.

Also, I don't know who was on climate control that night, but there was a point where, the dancefloor was freezing and upstairs they had the heat blazing.

Just a weird night all around. I still had fun though....

haha I completely forgot to mention this... there was soooo cold in there !!! I was hot only when I danced my ass off on the stage. Hehe as mysteriousss said it was fun there! Nobody could believe I was sober... one girl even wanted to kiss me and give me money to dance for her and her bf!! hehe too funy!

------------------

AIM amallkavila

unicornx1.gif

Originally posted by highmay:

random question...does anyone whenis JP's b-day?

From what I've heared it's January 20th.

------------------

AIM amallkavila

unicornx1.gif