Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Factors for Good Party Decisions?

If you could name the three most important things that makes you pick what party you go to on a given night, what would they be (#1 being the most important)?

For me:

1) The DJ(s)

2) Girl to guy ratio (more women!)

3) Type of crowd

OK, your turn.

------------------

.:D_Johnson:.

derreck@clubplanet.com

nightlifestyle

(The guy that makes all the funky graphics. Shout out to Swerve Griffin & Parish.)

Well some of the best nights out i have every had have been on spec. With un-known DJ's...

Couldn't carless about boy/girl ratio... although it's all promoters seem to think about these days... again smoe of the best time i have had have been @ mixed or gay clubs.

I am interested in -

The space, room to dance.. and plenty of podiums or a big stage.

DJ's yeah... not too many.. and not the curcuit DJ's.

A decent bar & good staff (on the door), bouncers should be seen and NOT herd.. a door whore works better at selecting punters.

Sound system, you have to FEEL it. But not too much high range, it must be clear.

But what people don't do anymore is make an effort. They just get a space, band on the DJ's worry about how many women they get in and that it. What about a theme, entertainers, live percusion (or any instrumentation done live). Live PA (not DAT)... just some creativity that seems to be lacking in our scene at the moment.

Oh and pigeonholing of nights.. this club on thisnight is trance/ hard house/ techno... the promoters TELL the DJ's what their music policey is... leave it to the DJ's.

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

I can STILL resist ANYTHING but temptation.

bsb2.GIF

#1 the DJ.. if that's no good, nothing else will make up for it.

#2 good sound system a MUST

#3 the venue.. if there isn't enough room, ppl will be unhappy and uncomfortable

#4 a STRONG crowd that can keep on dancing and screaming and cheering smile.gif

#5 nice security who won't abuse clubbers and ruin their night (not talking about taking drugs away, just them not being rude)