Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hoboken Apart. Rentals???

me too!

i've been considering an apartement in this area b/c all i need to do is jump on the path and 5 mins to school, as opposed to my hour commute now.

i would appreciate any info as well smile.gif

-Rob

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

You should def check out Hoboken b4 living there. It is nice neighborhood, but personally, I am already more than annoyed with having to pay 25 bucks for a cabride home after clubbing.

Unless you want to sit in the PATH station at 4,5,6, or 7 am and wait over an hour for a friggin' train. It sux sooooooo much in the summer...it is soooooo hot in those PATH stations...

Rob...where do you go to school? I guess if you are going to school in NJ, then it is worth it. I work in Manhattan, all my friends live in Manhattan, so...when my lease is up, I'm outtie.

I have a 3 bdrm, btw, lease is up in July, so if 3 y'all want it, lemme know. Y'all should live together...at least you'll agree on the music... cwm27.gif

ALSO...

Do NOT use a real estate agent...

try www.hobokenreporter.com and use Classifieds

PM me if you have any questions.

------------------

furnace.gif

[This message has been edited by furnace (edited 01-11-2001).]

[This message has been edited by furnace (edited 01-11-2001).]

Originally posted by furnace:

You should def check out Hoboken b4 living there. It is nice neighborhood, but personally, I am already more than annoyed with having to pay 25 bucks for a cabride home after clubbing.

Unless you want to sit in the PATH station at 4,5,6, or 7 am and wait over an hour for a friggin' train. It sux sooooooo much in the summer...it is soooooo hot in those PATH stations...

Rob...where do you go to school? I guess if you are going to school in NJ, then it is worth it. I work in Manhattan, all my friends live in Manhattan, so...when my lease is up, I'm outtie.

I have a 3 bdrm, btw, lease is up in July, so if 3 y'all want it, lemme know. Y'all should live together...at least you'll agree on the music... cwm27.gif

i go to nyu

had a few people suggest hoboken cuz its fairly inexpensive

-Rob

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

The inexpensive places in Hoboken are far from the PATH. Overall, prices in Hoboken are pretty high. If you get roomies, you can probably get a place close to the PATH...mebbe a 3bdrm for 2400.

If you want a 1bdrm close to PATH, you will pay.

------------------

furnace.gif

hoboken blows,, jersey city looks like a city in a war.. there are so many abandoned and destroyed buildings over there.. the real estate prices are totally overpriced in hoboken/JC area.. fuck NJ get an apt in hells kitchen..

Originally posted by furnace:

The inexpensive places in Hoboken are far from the PATH. Overall, prices in Hoboken are pretty high. If you get roomies, you can probably get a place close to the PATH...mebbe a 3bdrm for 2400.

If you want a 1bdrm close to PATH, you will pay.

Good luck finding an apartment in Hoboken without paying a LOT of money. It seems that the quality, compared to Manhatten, is MUCH better- BUT it isn't cheap.

I lived in Hoboken (right next to the projects) for a year. I thought that I wouldn't mind the walk and was willing to sacrifice to save a buck. But in the end, I moved.

Might I suggest that you check out some surrounding areas from Hoboken. This way you can still have a similar commute (compared to Hoboken) but pay less money.

I live in Weehawken and without traffic, it takes me 10 minutes to get to Port Authority.

If you want more information or need help, PM me. I am the queen of finding apartments in this area.

Anyway, good luck.

SK13

p.s. whoever put up that link to www.hobokenreporter.com was totally right- don't go to a real estate agent. Also check out www.hudsonreporter.com and www.hudsoncurrent.com.

------------------

Footsteps on the dancefloor remind me baby of you

[This message has been edited by sarahkim13 (edited 01-12-2001).]

Hey SarahKim...scroll up!

Nah just kiddin'. Anyways, 'twas me who posted Hoboken Reporter. N E ways, Sarah is sorta right. However, in Weehawken, the buses don't run 24/7 like the PATH.

Then again, when you come back at 7, 8, 9, 10am from clubbing, you'll probably be in a cab anyways...paying $20 plus tool (IF you are lucky and a good haggler)

I vote for Hell's Kitchen or East Village.

Brooklyn, even. Cabs back to Brooklyn are only like 12 or 15, at most 20.

Lemme know if u got questions.

SarahKim: Wanna meet up in Hoboken some time? (hehe, here's the part where you guess if I'm being fecisious...)

cwm16.gif

------------------

furnace.gif

Furnace if you want to meet up in Hoboken, then it'll have to be at the Cadillac Bar- that place rocks!

But as for the commuting thing. I take a bus from port authority. No, not in port authority, that's for the rich folk- the bus I take is on 42nd street between 8th and 9th avenues. It runs all night on Fridays and Saturdays. Tell Louie that I sent you and no harm will come to you.

SK13

p.s. you'll soon know all of the songs on the spanish radio station because they always blast it on the bus- paarrtttyyyyy!

------------------

Footsteps on the dancefloor remind me baby of you