Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How good is dog's memory???

I know this sounds kinda weird but... I left to NY year and 1/2 ago and I left my dalmatien dog there. My mom is taking care of her now. So I was just wondering what's gonna happen when I'll come back home after such a long time and my baby will see me??? What her reaction is gonna be?? I am scared that she will not remember me frown.gif I missed her so much I can't wait to see her again!

------------------

AIM amallkavila

I've told myself so many times before

But this time I think I mean it for sure

We have reached a full stop

Nothing's going to save us from the big drop.. "DM"

unicornx1.gif

dogs kinda do remember things like that, people who have been nice and people who have been mean. if the dog doesn't recognize you immediately, give some time.

ichi

------------------

"Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Lucie.. It all depends on how old she was when you left. If she was over 2, she'll definitely remember you after 1.5 years. She'll be ecstatic to see you.

In my case it was horrible. We left when my dog was 1.5 yo. She was still a baby and the whole week after we left (our friends took her in), 1/2 of her head became gray. I'm not joking, she is all black but in that week she turned gray. They said that she was crying like a baby for 3 days..

When my Mom went back after 4 years, our dog had the wierdest reaction. She didnt' recognize her at first but something was bothering her. She'd lie down, then run up to my Mom and start sniffing her.. As if tryign to remember a familiar smell but having trouble remembering what it was.. She'd go lie down again. Then all of a sudden run up to her again. It was wierd..

When I went after 7 years, she didn't recognize me of course. And it was the saddest thing because dogs are like babies.. My Mom was very sad and said that it's like coming home and me or my sister not recognizing her.. Sad right? But don't worry, not much time passed by so she'll remember you for sure smile.gif

My friend's dog ran away and was gone for over a year...they found him in a pound (believe it or not), and after a little while, he appeared to remember her family. It took a little time, but he got back into his old routine. Dogs have great memories...especially dalmations. Hope that helps cwm38.gif