Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sunday New York Times Magaizine cover article "Ecstacy" Check it out

Worth a read, but yet another sign that Ecstasy/clublife has gone mainstream. There's a reference in the story to a doctor - late 30s, married, kids -who bought 40 pills, hired a band and had a backyard party ... EVERYBODY is doing it now .. I wouldn't be surprised if Bush was handing out pills before his inaugural speech today, if only to take the edge off the coke.

The guy who wrote the article clearly knows what he's talking about from first-hand experience, as opposed to the government talking heads who try and tell us that our heads will spontaneously combust after one pill. He tries to strike a balance between how "wonderful" Ecstasy is in opening up emotions and dealing with neuroses, but how hollow your life can become if you totally rely on it for your mental well-being.

It's a fine line between "beautiful person" and "crackhead" .... I crossed it a long time ago ... I'll see all of you on the other side.

------------------

AIM name: noserotoninleft

This article is nothing new,it's the same shit over and over again.Every article or news cast is always the same.They still don't exactly know the long term effects.So in reality,WE ARE ALL THE GUINEA PIGS FOR 2020.Be safe everyone and live a long life,stay away.

------------------

ladybug_zigzag_md_wht.gif

i am so sick of the new york times and its articles on popular culture. whether it be art, music, fashion, or just trends in general, the nyt is always incredibly BEHIND the times. stay tuned; i think next week's sunday magazine cover is gonna be all about the new rage that's sweeping the nation - pet rocks.

let the times stick to news.