Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Attn: All latinos or people who are into the latino music...

I know I asked already, but It's my B-DAy nxt week, and i am going out w/a few friends and we want to go somewhere diff. We want Spanish salsa, merengue, etc....hip-hop,reggae,house is fine too......what would be best choice for Fri. night and how strict are they. I believe its 23 for guys, i got fake works pretty much everywhere but trying to make sure. I'll be 21 but my id says older, just want to know where the door is strict. I am thinking Copa, Latin quarter, Club NY.....Any suggestions, or info. is appreciated.

Paisa??? hmmm paisano mio?(colombiano)

I recommend Copa, they play a little of everything and the salsa is good.

------------------

People come into your life for reasons not yet known, keep your mind, heart and soul open.

AIM: Xxlea77

PARCERO!!!

You're welcome anytime.

My dad's from medallo and my mom from pereira! Ever gone to the colombian places in queens or Pa lo rumberos in NJ?

------------------

People come into your life for reasons not yet known, keep your mind, heart and soul open.

copa is the biggest, hands down. the main room has dj's & live bands playing all salsa, merengue; they have some very good dancers there, and the age is widely ranged. the side room is well sized also and plays house/hip-hop/r&b/classics.

club new york caters to a more hip, latino crowd, with the main floor playing a mix of salsa/merengue/latin-euro pop. the back room plays house/reggae/classics.

latin quarter has only one very large floor, and sticks to latin music. you don't have the choice to choose different rooms & music types.

if your id's look decent (or your group looks good enough), then you should be ok; they're not as strict at the door as some other places. cwm26.gif

------------------

-dusk til dawn-

Skeleton-22.gif

"You take the blue pill: Capsule-02.gif

The story ends, you wake up in your bed, and believe whatever you want to believe.

You take the red pill: Capsule-03.gif

You stay in wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes..."

-Morpheus

¿adonde carajo estan mi gente de Cuba? cwm30.gif

------------------

-----"A man makes his sunshine, and he makes his rain. Look at what you have, and where you are, before you say, "I've had a horrible day" Appreciate what you have, and realize how much others wish they could have that much. Live Life, and LOVE IT!" --Me

-----"THE BOWL OF FREEDOM IS KICKED! THE BOWL OF FREEDOM IS KICKED!" Melissa of the NJ ChaCha's

-----"Please hand me that box of Moose from the glove compartment" a Very stoned Veronica Strata

lovepeacetwilo.jpg

twilo.jpg

Take it from me, before getting on this board I lived at Latin clubs. The Copa is the best spot in the city. Latin Quarters is a chicken head spot with thugs. I am Latin and choose to be amongst mature Latins if I go to a Latin club. Copa hands down. Let me know if you want to have a CNYC meet-up there cause I would love to do it...

------------------

Neo: You ever have that feeling where you're not sure if you're awake or still dreaming?

Choi: All the time. It's called mescaline, it's the only way to fly.

felix.gif

-Ricfutures

Originally posted by ricfutures:

Take it from me, before getting on this board I lived at Latin clubs. The Copa is the best spot in the city. Latin Quarters is a chicken head spot with thugs. I am Latin and choose to be amongst mature Latins if I go to a Latin club. Copa hands down. Let me know if you want to have a CNYC meet-up there cause I would love to do it...

LOL.. chicken heads and thugs... excellent description.. but seriously, I have been DYING for a little CNYC Latin flavor in here for the longest... All my fellow latinos/ latinas (and all the people who want to learn how to get down our way) should definitely set up a night at Copa or something... Bueno, vamos mi gente!

cwm4.gif

- Meli -

P.S. Where are all my Cubans??? I know you're out there... I can smell the lechon on ya!! lol

------------------

buttercup_02.icobubbles_06b.icobuttercup_07.icobubbles_03.icobuttercup_01.ico

"MeliChaCha -- Saving the world before bedtime... wait... I'm supposed to SLEEP?!"

"I've said it before and I'll say it again: Life moves pretty fast -- if you don't stop and look around every once in a while, you might miss it." - The incomparable Ferris Bueller

"I've been consumed by the quicksand of randomness..." -- Me

2001: THE YEAR OF THE CHACHA!!!

ChaCha (Me): You're SURE you wanna live with me next year?

MojoJoJo (Vee): Yes.

ChaCha: We'll get nothing done... complete pigeons all the time... you're SURE?

MojoJoJo: Yes.

... and THAT is why Veronica and I get along...

"It comes and goes... the trick is to figure out how to get it to come more." - Randy James, Choreographer (speaking about focus... what were YOU thinking??)

... and to all my people, "Peace -- and Humpty-ness forever!"

AIM: MeliChaCha

E-MAIL: MeliChaCha@powerpuff.com <--- new addy!

OR MeliChaCha@aol.com

Whats up everyone...Thanks for all this info. I am definately going to Copa. I will be there on Feb. 2nd for sure.My B-Day is the 3rd, gotta make it a wknd party!!!A CNYC meetup would be great, that night or any other..Let me know!!! Thanks again....

Originally posted by cubano43:

I vote for Copa Tuesday just cause it doesn't get as crowded as Friday. Let all decide on a date.

Tuesdays are great. I'm up for next week if you guys are up for it. Feb 2nd we have the dinner meet-up so I don't know if that's available. Fuck this, I know how to get this started...

------------------

Neo: You ever have that feeling where you're not sure if you're awake or still dreaming?

Choi: All the time. It's called mescaline, it's the only way to fly.

felix.gif

-Ricfutures

Bueno pues people...

MEET UP IS A MUST AT COPA! I can defend myself on the dance floor w/ salsa and be more than happy to teach what I know! = )

Let's set a date please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------