Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Global_Underground_Oakenfold

i still like Oakie...but the man hasn't put out anything that's outstanding since Tranceport and GU: New York...

the dude spins the same tracks over and over and over...how many versions of Bullet in the Gun and Ubik can you play...the man spun that juicehead track, Zombie Nation at Homelands this past summer...any real DJ, that's not tone def, will say thats crap and won't play it...but Oakie played it...

he's supposed to be this world famous DJ and the man is playin' old tracks that are 1-4 years old...the man makes enough cash to get new records...*new* is good...

------------------

say one word i'll laugh and bury you and leave you in the place where you left me...- Shirley Manson

shadowchaser076@aol.com

Originally posted by shadowchaser:

i still like Oakie...but the man hasn't put out anything that's outstanding since Tranceport and GU: New York...

the dude spins the same tracks over and over and over...how many versions of Bullet in the Gun and Ubik can you play...the man spun that juicehead track, Zombie Nation at Homelands this past summer...any real DJ, that's not tone def, will say thats crap and won't play it...but Oakie played it...

he's supposed to be this world famous DJ and the man is playin' old tracks that are 1-4 years old...the man makes enough cash to get new records...*new* is good...

I agree completely.......Oakie during his time was an exceptional DJ......now, I don't even hear of him and when I do it's for the wrong reasons........his sets from the mid 90's were ice cream but now.....?????

Mikey

------------------

"The silent dog is the first to bite..." - me

Transport--my favorite. I own another world too....thats alright....nothing to write to mom about.....truly...everything else ive heard is weak. When we went to go see him at hammerstein....it was good. Then i went and listened to my Another world CD....and realized that the majority of what he played is on that album......alls i gotta say...is BLAH to Oakey. But Transport RULES!! cwm35.gif

------------------

-----"A man makes his sunshine, and he makes his rain. Look at what you have, and where you are, before you say, "I've had a horrible day" Appreciate what you have, and realize how much others wish they could have that much. Live Life, and LOVE IT!" --Me

-----"THE BOWL OF FREEDOM IS KICKED! THE BOWL OF FREEDOM IS KICKED!" Melissa of the NJ ChaCha's

-----"ALOT OF BEER ALOT OF GIRLS AND ALOT OF CURSIN', .22 AUTOMATIC ON MY PERSON." -Beastie Boys

lovepeacetwilo.jpg

twilo.jpg

just to let you guys know... the reason oakey (and Many other UK djs) have and are still droppin zombie natio is because it was released in the uk recently... so how are they supposed to know that it's mad old here and that it's a juicehead track? i hate that song too, but come on now, there was a damn good reason why they were spinnin it when they were...

peace! --daniela

------------------

FairyAniSparkel.gif

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."

one other thing.. WHERE THE HELL CAN I GET OAKIE'S "TRAVELLING"?!?!??!?!?!? AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

::breathes in::

ok now that i'm calm. i can't find it anywhere! i know it was released in the uk, but some stores have it, so i've heard from friends... can anyone help me out!?!?!

thank you!!!! cwm14.gif

peace! --daniela

------------------

FairyAniSparkel.gif

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."

Getting 'Travelling' isn't as difficult as it seems. The easiest way for me was to go to a huge music store like Virgin Megastore. I saw it there, but i'm living in Chicago right now, so I don't know about the NYC one. If that's hard to get to, go to an online foreign music store like http://www.dotmusic.com/shop/ . If you can't wait, you can usually find it on Napster. I like oakenfold most of the time (even if he is cheezy), but I think you're not missing out on much with that one. frown.gif

Originally posted by deanna11:

if you punks don't have anything good to say about Oakie, why don't you say it to my face

ok i will...come get some...

------------------

say one word i'll laugh and bury you and leave you in the place where you left me...- Shirley Manson

shadowchaser076@aol.com