Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Did anyone used to go to Tunnel often 3 years back when it was off the hook?

Originally posted by MissDiva:

Try 6 yrs ago, post SoundFactory, when JR was there. White couches, Mushroom room, Silver bedroom, Father Chris, nothing even comes close...

I remember posting on Clubnyc in 1996 the day Jr left . I was hysterical, lol that's why you should always sneak cameras out , I live for those pics now.

MD

Can you post some of those pics?

cwm1.gif

------------------

wombat3.gif

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tunnel was atually the place that got me into the whole thing. I went there two years ago before they had all those cop-trouble and closing down. I LOVED it, especially as it had so much diversity when it comes to people. That's were I 'lost my virginity' to the clubbing scene...and I'm thankful for my (at that time colleague now best) friend for introducing me to the scene.

So, might need to check it out at some point again...

------------------

an1701.gif

Originally posted by PFloyd40:

sorry , didn't mean to insult you about the exit comment

hey rob im just playing around, tomorrow night mad bowl hits and new joints will be blasting

------------------

TWILO'S WACK !!!! Sorry guys it is

"dont be affraid to walk out on anything in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat coming from around the corner" Robert Deniro

AIM:msoprano13

Email:msoprano13@yahoo.com

Ganster-01.gif "IM GONNA MAKE YOU AN OFFER YOU CANT REFUSE" MSOPRANO13

Originally posted by PFloyd40:

the openinig nite for vicious in august was the worst crowd i ever saw there, exit and factory crowd. but after a few weeks it they were weeded out and only the true fans were there

Hey now! I used to go to the Tunnel back in the days (94'-98), been there at least 20 times in those years, and now I like to go to Exit on Saturdays once in a while because of Boris, used to love him in Limelight and I think he still kicks ass. You can call musically uneducated, but I am a "true fan" and I like djs that are in Twilo as well (PvD,JV,Cox(cant wait for the 18th!). And I am the kid that stix around until the bouncers tell you to go home, so please take notice that not everyone that goes to Exit is a fake.

Tunnel back in the dayz=times I'll never forget, my techno education, shaped my life forever.

No worries--I will be back in two weeks djing the Tunnel. I Djed there 3 years ago on the main floor. The name of the party was called Emotion. Now I'm going to call it the Global Warming. I will keep you posted. I'm working on some very unique styles. I hope you all enjoy.

[This message has been edited by neumonic (edited 01-25-2001).]

W. 27th st. has never been more hot. The Tunnel is new. It's fresh. It's blastin' out beats that some of you have never heard. When you throw in DJ's like DJ Corbett (this Saturday 1-27), guys like the Trance IT Authority, guys like Anthony Nero, DJ Kleva...you're dealing with a party to which NYC has never seen. Not only is the Tunnel getting a facelift, but the Tunnel is re-inventing itself. This aint a promo.This is just a post to clarify any people's uncertainty about the Tunnel and to make sure all you kids know, that the Tunnel is indeed once again "off the hook"

KYLE P.

VIP Promotions

THEORY'S VIP <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> GUESTLIST</A>

therelapsetheory@hotmail.com

As the first big club I ever spun at and my favorite spopt ever to hang out, TUNNEL will always be number 1!

Nero, I remember the hallway, I used to hang and watch u spin when I got done in the mezz...

Tunnel was a family back then... damn... the good old days smile.gif

------------------

Upcoming Gigs:

Fridays - Cream, NYC

1/19 - NAMM, Los Angeles

1/27 - Arena, ALbany NY

2/10 - Club Deep, Long Island

2/17 - Slopes, Hunter Mountain

2/24 - Arena, Albany NY

Sat Feb. 3rd - 92.7 & 98.5 FM 3-5am

www.djrussreign.com

NY METS 2000 NL CHAMPS!

That was the first club I ever went to. I was a freshman in college, I'm a senior now, imagine this kid from CT that goes to wack CT clubs and walks into this amazing place. I had never scene anything like it. It was crazy!!!

------------------

In the end its not the years in our life that count but the life in our years.

Always remember you are unique just like everyone else.

just somebody bring it back for real please! All everybody says is how awesome it was, and it was incredible. You can't force a vibe to return, and I must tell you that Tunnel management is notorious for fucking over the people that go there. Unfortunately everybody that went to Tunnel is now going to Exit... and Exit sucks. I am a Tunnel loyalist, and I will definately be checking out the new party there when I come home... but I, like so many others,.. are tired of Tunnel's antics, tired of it Re-opening again and again, tired of the bullshit. I think that it frustrated so many people, that they started to look elsewhere, and then WHAM! Exit opens up. They must have friends on the City council that tipped them off or orchestrated Tunnel's repeated troubles. Bottom line is that they capitalized on them, and now let's see how Tunnel handles it. JV wasn't the solution... what will be? maybe they need to bring in Russ Reign on the main... Russ would you even take that gig if it was offered to you? Or is it too risky?

Bassboy - Although I love Tunnel like a home, I probably wouldn't take a residency there... like you said, it's far too risky... Tunnel hasn't paid honestly since Alex & Leo left... there are always new promoters and new parties going on, and taking a residency there would mean I'd have to give up either my Friday night residency at Cream or traveling Saturday gigs which are very lucrative... I don't think any DJ would really agree to a residency there right now... too bad cause it used to be the most sought after spot for a DJ to spin in the city...

I'd do another guest spot though, that's a different story...Just cause I love the room so much smile.gif

Originally posted by bassboy:

just somebody bring it back for real please! All everybody says is how awesome it was, and it was incredible. You can't force a vibe to return, and I must tell you that Tunnel management is notorious for fucking over the people that go there. Unfortunately everybody that went to Tunnel is now going to Exit... and Exit sucks. I am a Tunnel loyalist, and I will definately be checking out the new party there when I come home... but I, like so many others,.. are tired of Tunnel's antics, tired of it Re-opening again and again, tired of the bullshit. I think that it frustrated so many people, that they started to look elsewhere, and then WHAM! Exit opens up. They must have friends on the City council that tipped them off or orchestrated Tunnel's repeated troubles. Bottom line is that they capitalized on them, and now let's see how Tunnel handles it. JV wasn't the solution... what will be? maybe they need to bring in Russ Reign on the main... Russ would you even take that gig if it was offered to you? Or is it too risky?

------------------

Upcoming Gigs:

Fridays - Cream, NYC

1/19 - NAMM, Los Angeles

1/27 - Arena, ALbany NY

2/10 - Club Deep, Long Island

2/17 - Slopes, Hunter Mountain

2/24 - Arena, Albany NY

Sat Feb. 3rd - 92.7 & 98.5 FM 3-5am

www.djrussreign.com

NY METS 2000 NL CHAMPS!

memories . . .

smile.gif

the tunnel will never be what is was .. . last time i was there was halloween, and i'm sure i'll be back to check it out again soon - i wish that tunnel could get it's shit together again . . .

the tunnel crowd should remain as it is . . . tunnel will never work if it caters to a . . . what was it called . . . classy crowd - i want tunnel back the way it was before, i mean i know rob already said this - but the freaks and unusual people were what made me want to go to tunnel . . .

if there is a dress code at tunnel, you will *never* see me there again . .. the crowd when Johnny Viscious was there was TERRIBLE, girls in booty shorts with their fat asses hanging out, or all decked out like they're goin to sell their bodies on the corner of west side highway with lil shirts and non-existant skirts and platforms rolleyes.gif that's fine, it's just *not* for the tunnel, nor will it ever be . . .

smile.gif just my thoughts, of course!

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

"To love someone is something..to be loved by someone is something else..

but to be loved by the one you love is everything.." Rob&Brandie AAF

loves2cox@netscape.net

AIM: loves2cox

Originally posted by brandie:

the tunnel crowd should remain as it is . . . tunnel will never work if it caters to a . . . what was it called . . . classy crowd - i want tunnel back the way it was before, i mean i know rob already said this - but the freaks and unusual people were what made me want to go to tunnel . . .

luv,

brandie

Hi Brandie!

I wanted to respond to you b/c I think you may have been referencing to my comment about them wanting a "sexier, more mature crowd." Please don't misinterpret what I said. The crowd/vibe back in the day is what MADE the tunnel. If you took sexier/maturer to mean "classier", then I didn't get my point across. I meant a crowd with the same party attitude and love of the music/scene, but who are able to balance it - ya know, not get to the point where they are incoherent or paralyzed in K holes - IMO, sexy/mature means *real*- ie: there for the music/party/fun/to break all the rules, and NOT just to get f%^ked up beyond recognition OR to walk around with their "fat asses and booty shorts" tryin to out do one another with who has the bigger implants! I hope I better explained myself this time, if in fact I was the person you were referring to.

Cya,

Julie

------------------

"Spontaneity is the key to spice in life"

"Music makes the world go 'round...so keep it spinnin!"

Brandie--i think jewel44317 has a good point. The tunnel should remain as it was but you wouldn't want people where there incoherent falling on you. That shit is not fun. when i djed The tunnel 3-years ago one of my best promoters almost died. He still rolls but he knows when to stop now. Some people don't know when to stop. It's all about the music and meeting different people having fun. nobody is saying that people should get dressed up to go to club Tunnel because, I don't believe in that shit either. But sexy is a very good thing. People who know how to have fun and know how to party--my opinion,that right there is sexy.Anyway--I will try my hardest for all you people to bring back the Tunnel.But,I hope you all enjoy my music. It's time for me to leave--I just scared myself when I saw my name on the board 6-times.

bye,

biagio

Man well i frist started clubbing at tunnel it was GREAT it is still GREAT . they have to fix up some of the place but is still GREAT , they need to paint the place more exotic colors to attract more and more good looking people in there .. then take some photo graphs then a new web site then there you go ............

------------------

S_M_copy.jpg

-------------------------

e-mail martin_izzo@netzero.net page 1917-243-0215

AIM:GLowbali <---

PEace

Martin

Hmm,

glowball:

you mean to repaint the place in different bright colors to attract a better looking crowd?

Errr, why? I dont think tunnel needs snotty ppl going there just because it looks nice inside, like limelight. WHat color is it now...black? The main room was always dark and i think thats the best color for a place named the "Tunnel".

I think they would loose have the people if they got bright colors in there. BLAH,.

ANd having no dress code is a good thing too. OF course wearing construction work boots and cloths shouldnt be allowed, but a nice casual and comfortable attire with sneakers is always a plus. Probably thats why i went there several times this year because i was allowed to wear sneakers!

Rad_

------------------

FRANK_TRIGG_ANIMATION.GIF

Tunnel is definatly in store for some renovations. We will be making changes to attract a better looking crowd as well. Any club that stays the same goes under I.E: CARBON = EXIT??? So, for all you kids out there that miss the mushrooms and the silver bedroom and the playboy parties...well changes will be made, but nostalgia never hurt anybody now did it?

-THEORY

(201) 349-1865 FOR <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> GUESTLIST</A> INFO