Clubplanet Nightlife Community

drum n bass

tomorrow at baktun seen is playing with stakka i think .. that should be good.. this month at global bass is going to be bad company and dazee ... skibadee & chicaboo .. some others i cant remember ... every sunday at drinkland is swingsetts party ... locals but always good music ... chech out guernica on tuesdays for camoflage , christian brunas party .. he always has the best locals and brings dope geusts in sometimes too .. friday nights at the limelight are going to start having dnb in teh back room .. with people like kech , reid speed , odi , empress, carol c , seiera , the breakbeat science crew .and also he's going to be bringing in UK guests . its should be good .. u can e-mail me at joe@digitalnoise.com if u want dnb info in NY ... -dollar

------------------

header_mockup_r1_c3.gif

hey all,

I'm kinda new to new york... moved here som san francisco. I'v been really dissapointed in most of the drum 'n bass dj's and parties. The only good DJ i'v seen is Doomer, and she mostly spins places that don't have their cabaret. I went to a party at fun that was booked as drum n bass, it was Swingset and friends.. he was spining all this 80's humpty shit, I can appreciate the camp value but I like my booty bass raw.

the big clubs I'v been to.. limelight and centro are to beep beep woop woop for my tastes. Spa on wensdays is ok.

I'v gotta say.. so far I'm not impressed with the scene here. maybe i'm missing something

Welcome to the board!!!!!!

I'm from San Francisco as well (last place I was in was at 3rd and Lincoln). I'm actually moving back in about a month... OKOKOK

To address your question. I haven't found any D&B stuff here either. I think I've even asked this question before (quite a while back)...

You should check out Twilo tonight. It's not going to be D&B, but it sure as hell is going to be a great time.

cwm35.gif

------------------

spark.gif

Hugh

a.k.a. ibhugh, Bryan Adams

email: ibhugh@yahoo.com

aolim: hugesk8r

9805t.gif

There's the Global Bass party every month at the Limelight (on a Thursday), that's about as good as I seen for Jungle in the dnb free town.

Also found this:

February 1 (Thursday) – A Night In the Jungle by Urbanbeat

Soul Slinger (Jungle Sky, NYC), TC Izlam (Jungle Sky, NYC), DJ Wally aka Pish Posh (Rawkuts Recordings, NYC), MC Posi D (Rawkuts Recordings, NYC), Starchild (Substitution, Philly), Armen (Substitution, Philly), J Messinian (Substitution, Philly), DJK (KingSize, Mixer, Rated R, NYC), Dysis (New Champions, NYC), Krafti (4.0., NYC), Markkloud (W.O.M.B., Buffalo & NYC). Located @ Wetlands, 161 hudson street 2 blocks south of canal , NYC. $12 advance

Here's the Global Bass Party:

February 8 (Thursday) - Global Bass by MixedUp

Bad Company (Bad Company recordings, UK), the ATM tour with Brockie (nyc debut) (Atmosphere, UK), Frenzic (Undiluted, UK), Dazee (Ruffneck Ting, UK), plus the world's #1 male and #1 female MCs: MC Skibadee, and MC Chickaboo, plus Narcissist (Oneluvjwl, MA), and Kpakpo with Mis-Ty (Substitution, PA). $25 in advance. Located at the Limelight (20th Street and 6th Ave. New York City). Info 212.802.9268

How's dat?

------------------

if you're bored: Sat. Jan 27 - Leisure Society @ The Leopard Lounge

I'm so glad you asked this question. There is an amazing drum n bass party tonight. It's called Mutiny, which is South Asian drum n bass, probably one of the best monthly parties in the city. I'm going tonight and you're welcome to come with along with any other people who want to expand their music appreciation. Check it out at The Cooler on 416 W. 14th St., btw. 9th and 10th Aves.

oh i forgot...this might be worth checking out (it's free anywayzzz):

Flow Foundation NYC Presents:

Live Drum n Bass

w/ The Flow Foundation N.Y.C.

It's an open mic event and never a cover charge!!

A night of LIVE Experimental Drum n Bass, Jungle, Dub Reggae

*Any MC's, Poets/Spoken Word , Singers, Screamers are welcome. Sign up

before 10pm

Every Monday Nite from 10pm til ?

@

The Leopard Lounge/ SinSin

248 East 5th Street

(sw corner of 5th st and 2nd ave)

Flow Foundation NYC are:

M.D. (aka Madzilla) -- Bass

Cav (aka Optimus Time) -- Drums

TBA -- Samples, Turntables, Voc

Special Guests and open mic -- Vocals

No Cover Charge!

21+ with ID

oh i forgot...this might be worth checking out (it's free anywayzzz):

Flow Foundation NYC Presents:

Live Drum n Bass

w/ The Flow Foundation N.Y.C.

It's an open mic event and never a cover charge!!

A night of LIVE Experimental Drum n Bass, Jungle, Dub Reggae

*Any MC's, Poets/Spoken Word , Singers, Screamers are welcome. Sign up

before 10pm

Every Monday Nite from 10pm til ?

@

The Leopard Lounge/ SinSin

248 East 5th Street

(sw corner of 5th st and 2nd ave)

Flow Foundation NYC are:

M.D. (aka Madzilla) -- Bass

Cav (aka Optimus Time) -- Drums

TBA -- Samples, Turntables, Voc