Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What Speakers/Subwoofers should I put in my car?

Well, you in car speakers should be fine, so I wouldn't mess with that unless you really have some loot to blow.

As for a subwoofer... I'm 24 now, and don't like my car to rattle from the outside. I like a nice bass, but nothing so overpowering I can't hear myself think. I used to have 2 15" JL's with a Fosgate amp, but that's too much now.

I currently have a 12" Bazooka self amped tube. It sounds great, only takes a little room, and is good for smaller cars.

Maybe I'm just not ghetto fabulous anymore. But I least my system is classy and still knocks...

------------------

Live life every day as if it were your last!

Corporate

djcorporate@hotmail.com

The main thing is you drive round with your windows open... ok the bass doesn't sound as good to you but the ladies love it wink.gif

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

When the party was in progress and unidentified frequency has been existing in the system for some time - Freak Frequency

bsb2.GIF

when i bought this car i told myself i wouldnt trick it out or bump it around like a hoodlum , but after about 2 weeks i need to put a sub in , just cuz i needed to have good sound .. what i got is an 8'' kenwood tube. its small , has an amp built in and it has a remote to adjust it in the car. it kicks good bass and contains it in the car so ur neighbors wont hate you.. it was about $300 and prob perfect for what u want .. check it out.

------------------

header_mockup_r1_c3.gif

If you want a fantastic system you have to change all the components in the car (not just changing speakers and adding subs), you gotta get a new radio as well. If you are prepared to do all this and have the money i suggest putting in either a very good Alpine or Eclipse radio. Then replace all the stock speakers with either MB Quart or Focal and have them running off a rockford amp. And if you want sick bass put 2 rockford power 12's in a sealed box(this box will give you very tight bass hit). All this should cost around 3-4K.

Why anyone would want to alter a Mercedes is beyond me but if you must, go to a place called TECHNICAR on 48th st. and 11th ave. This guy works alone and does work on high end cars. He's done work for the likes of FunkMaster Flex and Kendal Gill to name a few. I've seen the work and it is nothing short of flawless. He puts radar detectors into rear view mirrors. He also measures the accoustic properties of each car and determines where each speaker should be, etc... you want it, he'll do it. Only open on weekdays though.

------------------

Neo: You ever have that feeling where you're not sure if you're awake or still dreaming?

Choi: All the time. It's called mescaline, it's the only way to fly.

felix.gif

-Ricfutures

Originally posted by ricfutures:

Why anyone would want to alter a Mercedes is beyond me but if you must, go to a place called TECHNICAR on 48th st. and 11th ave. This guy works alone and does work on high end cars. He's done work for the likes of FunkMaster Flex and Kendal Gill to name a few. I've seen the work and it is nothing short of flawless. He puts radar detectors into rear view mirrors. He also measures the accoustic properties of each car and determines where each speaker should be, etc... you want it, he'll do it. Only open on weekdays though.

i know a place by me if your in queens or on the island.. its called precision. they do amazing work w/ all different kinds of audio, tv's playstation etc.

go in there and they're almost always doing someone big. puffy, mase etc. get em done there. interesting to see they're cars, like a navigator w/ 7 tv's being put in, playstations on each seat and the most ridiculous systems

-Rob

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

i have t 12 in rockfor fusgate punch series with a 400watt ppi amp powering the box, i have a clarion radio and eq with to 6*9 along witht the original stock speakers and a 500 watt urban amp powring the interios and the rest of the power going to the box. my system is 4 years old and still pumps like the day i got it. i recommend 12's because they have a very deep sound but can keep up with the fast house beats.

------------------

TWILO'S WACK !!!! Sorry guys it is

"dont be affraid to walk out on anything in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat coming from around the corner" Robert Deniro

AIM:msoprano13

Email:msoprano13@yahoo.com

Ganster-01.gif "IM GONNA MAKE YOU AN OFFER YOU CANT REFUSE" MSOPRANO13

2 12in kicker competitions in custom rockford box

shhhhweeet smile.gif

if you plan on playing music w/ a high bpm(anything over 140 bpm) make sure you have plenty of power going to the box. generally its a good idea to have the power well allocated to the different speakers, but in this case, if you dont' have enough power goign to the box the speakers will start to lag on the bass and not be able to keep up

-Rob

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

JUST LEAVE IT STOCK. WHY WOULD YOU WANNA MESS WITH IT. IT PROBABLY SOUNDS BANG'N ALREADY. TRUST ME ONCE YOU PUT SUBS IN YOUR CAR AFTER A WHILE YOUR CAR IS GONNA SOUND LIKE RATTLE BOX EVERYTIME YOU HIT A BUMP SOMETHING IS GONNA MAKE NOISE BECAUSE THE BASS WILL LOSEN THE BOLTS HOLD YOUR INTERIOR PARTS TOGETHER AND THATS NOT GOOD.

------------------

"IF YA HEART STOPS BEATING ILL GO BACK IN TIME MAKE YA HEART BEAT AGAIN REAL *IGGAS TILL DA END"...........

tIzEdDy_RiZuXpIn<~~~~!!!!