Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Haunting Songs..........

What songs do you find haunting, especially considering context?

For example we are listening to Jeff Buckley's album Grace, and his song "Last Goodbye" came on....it was haunting even before he went for a swim one night in the Mississippi only to drown........

Or "Love will Tear us Apart" by Joy Division (pre-cursor to New Order), which reached number one in the UK at the same time as the lead singer stood on a block of ice with a noose around his neck......

any others?

------------------

hapfac01.gif ...............trying to make it into the country b4 the dinner meetup!---------------> boa_boy@yahoo.com

Originally posted by boa_boy:

Well it's raining over here...all a bit depressing really :P

And what can i say, in the rainycity...You're lucky to be in a country you have real seasons...And now it's summer for you, no ? cwm11.gif

Did you ever go to Brisbane, i may go to live there next year.

------------------

$$$$IN TOM WE TRUST$$$$

tomix.gif

Email : Tomixfromparis@hotmail.com

love will tear us apart. what a great song. i was listening to it last night.

------------------

0524a.gif

IM LIKE JIMMY WALKER, DYNAMITE!!!!!!

pistol packin, monkey drinkin, no money bum, im from jersey cause that's where im from!!!!

AOL J303J

well, the problem i have with these song topics is that i always draw blanks when the questions are posed. in a few months i'll have the song that's always haunted me most, but right now it isn't coming to mind.

i'll start with the one that's the most beautiful song i've heard in a long, long time - paul van dyk's "tell me why." i listen to it over and over again and it's so

heart-

aching

it hurts.

pink floyd's "echoes" is up there, too, and haunting is the exact adjective i would use; that actually fits your topic more, but "tell me why" has more of an impact on me, and i don't think it's just because it's newer to me.

Originally posted by weyes:

well, the problem i have with these song topics is that i always draw blanks when the questions are posed. in a few months i'll have the song that's always haunted me most, but right now it isn't coming to mind.

--> The mind does tend to draw more blanks as it gets older....what were we talkking about again wink.gif

i'll start with the one that's the most beautiful song i've heard in a long, long time - paul van dyk's "tell me why." i listen to it over and over again and it's so

heart-

aching

it hurts.

pink floyd's "echoes" is up there, too, and haunting is the exact adjective i would use; that actually fits your topic more, but "tell me why" has more of an impact on me, and i don't think it's just because it's newer to me.

What I find like with examples I've given that when you know the history of the song and/or artist it can add extra poignancy to the tune......to be honest I am struggling to think of any tracks you dance to that you hear out and about that are 'haunting'.....

------------------

hapfac01.gif ...............trying to make it into the country b4 the dinner meetup!---------------> boa_boy@yahoo.com

hi sweetie!!!!! how are you boa?????

i gotta agree with you on those songs....

one moby song that haunts me, so beautiful tho.. is on moby's "everything is wrong" album.. i don't know the name of the song but it's track #12.... the piano accompaniment (sp?) is eerie.. cwm20.gif

peace! --daniela

------------------

FairyAniSparkel.gif

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."

When I was in sydney, my Dad had just joined this band, the Witlams-- boa had you ever heard of them?- and I got their old CD. Well one of the songs was this melancholy tune with the chorus "It's hard to see a friend go down- You're goin down down down, it's one hell of a way to go out, Out with a bang.." sung by the sweetest guy, the bassist, who I really liked. A year later my dad called me to tell me Stu had shot himself in the head and the band broke up. I still love the CD and that song haunts me every time. cwm36.gif P.S. Its raining here too.

Originally posted by saigray:

When I was in sydney, my Dad had just joined this band, the Witlams-- boa had you ever heard of them?- and I got their old CD. Well one of the songs was this melancholy tune with the chorus "It's hard to see a friend go down- You're goin down down down, it's one hell of a way to go out, Out with a bang.." sung by the sweetest guy, the bassist, who I really liked. A year later my dad called me to tell me Stu had shot himself in the head and the band broke up. I still love the CD and that song haunts me every time. cwm36.gif P.S. Its raining here too.

Thas tru, I've heard that story I think it was over gambling, the band lives on (they are quite big) and they wrote a song about it..... both good examples there Sai wink.gif

------------------