Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tunnel last night

DJ Elevate couldn't mix with if he had a blender. I heard him open up a couple of weeks ago for the main floor and it was an embarrasment. His sound levels were all over the place, he was playing peak hour tracks at the beginning of the night. Overall the set had no continuity, no flow, it was simply a mish mosh of what he thought was hot, with no development of the energy. He shot his wad in the first 45 minutes and it was all down hill from there.

If that is your idea of a good DJ you better get your cracked out ass into rehab.

Either that or you can take some toilet papaer and wipe your nose off, because you have far too much time up Elevate's ass.

I understand that the TRANCE-IT AUTHORITY will not be coming back to Tunnel any time in the foreseeable future. Major mistake!

Props to Corbett, his sound was mature, smooth. The set was well programmed allowing the energy to build, flow, transform and take different directions as the night progressed. Corbett that is something these young pups can't even begin to understand. Much respect and good luck on your return to the scene. Hope you liked the mix that was dropped on you Saturday @ the Tunnel. Your feedback and comments are welcome.

[This message has been edited by laraver (edited 01-29-2001).]

[This message has been edited by laraver (edited 01-31-2001).]

Thanks Tommy and laraver for the comments!

laraver... so was that you that came in the booth and gave me a cd? I didnt even open my record box yet from that night but I will definitely give it a listen... is your email address on it?

------------------

Rob Corbett

www.djcorbett.com

www.oval-records.com

AOL IM: DJCorbett

i have the same question as msoprano13, there's STILL chicago hard house on saturdays in the upstairs room? is this going to be continuing? if so my ass NEEDS to get back to the tunnel. i don't care if i am the only one dancing but damn i miss those bleeping sounds.

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

kitty_cat.gif

SECRET - JR VASQUEZ DIDN"T REAL CATCH ON UNTIL HE WAS IN HIS 40's IS HE A LOSER TOO?

ARE YOU SAYING THAT ONLY 18 YEAR OLD KIDS CAN DJ?

PAUL VAN DYK 36 YEARS OLD

FRANKIE KNUCKLES - IN HIS 50's

DAVID MORALES - 37

DOC MARTIN - OVER 35

CARL COX - OVER 35

DANNY TENAGLIA - LATE 30's

I could go on, but I think this sufficiently illustrates my point. If it is your opinion that only young DJ's can play for you and your friends, than I don't need to say anything else.

YOU HAVE AMPLY DEMONSTRATED YOUR OWN IGNORANCE. I COULDN'T HAVE DONE IT ANY BETTER MYSELF. THANK YOU FOR HELPING THE CAUSE.

I will agree that you can like or dislike a style of music, a DJ's programming. I can understand if maybe you personally did not connect with a particular vibe and would respect your feelings about that.

But if all you can do is pick on someone because of your perception of their age (by the way you're off, by a lot)then you have destroyed the validity of your point of view.

Maybe someday you will remember what you said after you've had a few kids, got some stretch marks, a few lines in that face of yours. Society judges women far more harshly in terms of their age than it does men.

Anyway, Good Luck With It.

RESPECT - LARAVER

SECRET - JR VASQUEZ DIDN"T REAL CATCH ON UNTIL HE WAS IN HIS 40's IS HE A LOSER TOO?

ARE YOU SAYING THAT ONLY 18 YEAR OLD KIDS CAN DJ?

FRANKIE KNUCKLES - IN HIS 50's

DAVID MORALES - 37

DOC MARTIN - OVER 35

CARL COX - OVER 35

DANNY TENAGLIA - LATE 30's

I could go on, but I think this sufficiently illustrates my point. If it is your opinion that only young DJ's can play for you and your friends, than I don't need to say anything else.

YOU HAVE AMPLY DEMONSTRATED YOUR OWN IGNORANCE. I COULDN'T HAVE DONE IT ANY BETTER MYSELF. THANK YOU FOR HELPING THE CAUSE.

I will agree that you can like or dislike a style of music, a DJ's programming. I can understand if maybe you personally did not connect with a particular vibe and would respect your feelings about that.

But if all you can do is pick on someone because of your perception of their age (by the way you're off, by a lot)then you have destroyed the validity of your point of view.

Maybe someday you will remember what you said after you've had a few kids, got some stretch marks, a few lines in that face of yours. Society judges women far more harshly in terms of their age than it does men.

Anyway, Good Luck With It.

RESPECT - LARAVER

LARAVER - YOU KNOW WHAT THE DIFFERENCE IS THOUGH BETWEEN YOU'RE LAME ASS AND THE ONE'S YOU LISTED? THEY HAVE FUCKING WORK!!!! I'M NOT GOING TO STAND HERE AND WRITE A NOVEL THAT YOU SEEM TO WRITE EVERY POST, BUT I WILL SAY THIS: I'VE NEVER HEARD OF YOU BEFORE OR THE TRANCE-IT-AUTHORITY UNTIL YOU HAD EVEN THE SLIGHTEST ASSOCIATION WITH THE TUNNEL...THAT SAYS SOMETHING: YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE YOUR TALENT BELONGS. YOU CLAIM YOU HAVE IT...SO GO PUT IT TO USE SOMEWHERE WHERE IT'LL BE RESPECTED. TEARING APART MANAGEMENT AND MAKING FUN OF "KIDS" WHO RUN NIGHTCLUBS JUST MAKES YOU LOOK LIKE A SPITEFUL LOSER. AND WHAT MAKES IT EVEN MORE PATHETIC, IS THAT THESE SO CALLED "KIDS" HAVE APPRENTLY SENT YOU ON YOUR MERRY WAY, SO NEXT TIME YOU OPT TO MAKE FUN OF SOMEONE, BETTER REALIZE THAT YOU ANSWER TO THEM!!!

-SECRET.

Originally posted by laraver:

pvd is 29

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

Originally posted by kitty19:

i have the same question as msoprano13, there's STILL chicago hard house on saturdays in the upstairs room? is this going to be continuing? if so my ass NEEDS to get back to the tunnel. i don't care if i am the only one dancing but damn i miss those bleeping sounds.

You mean "Face down ass up,,that's the way we like to Fuck"???

Yup,,,that's what was playin in the mezz last Sat.--it was off the hoook--packed

Originally posted by musicbeat:

You mean "Face down ass up,,that's the way we like to Fuck"???

Yup,,,that's what was playin in the mezz last Sat.--it was off the hoook--packed

niceeeeeeeee

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

-Rob

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

I thought the Tunnel was slamming Saturday night. DJ Corbett was amazing. I can't wait to see who this "mystery" DJ is this Saturday. As long as it isn't those 45 year old losers the "Spank It Authority". I think the crowd was also a lot better looking than in the past. Whoever is running the show over there is doing a damn good job. Keep up the good work guys!!!

I was suprised to see such a hot crowd on hand. The Tunnel seems to be taking a turn away from all the bad-rep it's gotten in the past and moving ahead in a fresh direction. Good job to all of you who have been running the party and best of luck to you all.

My first post!!! I was at the Tunnel 2 weeks ago and thought that ish was hot as hell!!! The girls were talented, the guys were dressed to impress and hell even the few stray mo's from Kurfew were chillin and having a good time. I heard Anthony Nero was going to be there in a few weeks. Does anybody know where I can find that out? Much love to whoever is in charge of the Tunnel now. It's never looked better.

WHO I S GOING TO BE SPINNING IN THE MEZZ EVERYSATURDAY, AND YESS SONGS LIKE FACE DOWN ASS UP THATS THE WAY WE LIKE TO FUCK, THOSE ARE EXCVLUSIVE TUNNEL JOINTS

------------------

TWILO'S WACK !!!! Sorry guys it is

"dont be affraid to walk out on anything in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat coming from around the corner" Robert Deniro

AIM:msoprano13

Email:msoprano13@yahoo.com

Ganster-01.gif "IM GONNA MAKE YOU AN OFFER YOU CANT REFUSE" MSOPRANO13

SECRET - Once more you demonstrate your ignorance. Just because you never heard of somebody means they don't have talent?

I'll be glad to demonstrate my skills any time any place.

From over 500 submissions I was one of only 8 DJ's chosen to spin in the last years ClubPlanet spinoff. I did not know anybody on the ClubPlanet staff, I didn't have any friends posting stuff on the boards to create false hype. I wnated it that way so that if I was chosen it was for recognition of my skill, not because I knew the "right" people.

My mixes can be found on RaveWorld.net, GrooveRadio.com, Epitonic and Madsounds, Clubradio.net, Epitonic.com and BroadcastAmerica.com.

In the June 2000 issue of Mixer (The one with Tenaglia and Digweed on the cover) my Mix CD charted at 2 out of 10 on the buzz chart. It charted ahead of Paul Van Dyk's album release "We Are Alive". Do any of your DJ friends have a record or compilation that has achieved that degree of recognition.

I have been invited played alongside Timo Maas, Leon Alexander, Terry Lee Brown Jr, DJ Disciple. I've worked in major clubs in NY, Chicago, and LA.

I could write a novel about how some DJ's get work based not on actual skill, but based on the fact that they know the right people. If you try to say this isn't how it works, again you would be showing your ignorance.

Not detracting from any of the DJ's, but as an example how many people in LA, Chicago, Denver, or Salt Lake City ever heard of Corbett? (And Corbett is a DJ who has very good skills. Corbett you understand that I am not saying anything negative here about you, I am just saying that having a name is not the same as having skill. That you have skills is obvious to anyone the first time they listen to you.)

You really should just shut up now, because everytime you post all you do is demonstrate how small minded and ignorant you really are.

Anyway Good Luck With It

You Favorite ClubPlanet Member - LARAVER